Blogging for fun and profit

Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:42 am

Below are a list of things one should start to do when engaging in blogs:
1. Get involved - go where your market is and investigate for any related niches for your products and/or services.

2. Try to fit in - Create a community around your products and/or services. Start interacting with your prospects and customers by creating conversations and networks that center around your products and/or services. Participation is mandatory. Go out and meet your community and find out what they want and deliver it.

3. Establish Friendships - Engage with your market through community. Create interactive contests, polls, surveys, and feedback loops, thereby allowing your community to choose, create and contribute to the improvement of your product and/or services. By allowing your community to actively participate by submitting home grown videos, photos, naming contests, etc. your are establishing trust within the community. Thus, you will find that this trust will lead to you being placed in a cooperative position where customer involvement becomes a vital contribution to your success. Thus, word-of-mouth marketing is raising your business profile in a positive way; such that, you start to acquire new business.
work2bfree

Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:25 am

You should add site to directories and submit rss feeds for more traffic. They should also get links to thier blog from other sites that deal with same topic.
jcr266

Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:35 am

Yep, also try to get inbound links from other relevant blogs and leave comments to other blogs this will help you to popularize your blog.
albert

Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:22 am

I'd like to backpack on the first post in this thread.

If you want maximum exposure my best advice is to go to other people's blog and make comments. Make nice, quality comments. You can find popular blogs by simply entering a keyword in the search engine following the word, "blog."

I've also entered into free contests on other people's blog which also put me in one of their posts when they announced me as the winner. Not only did I win a prize, but I got maximum exposure to my blog. It's a double whammy, heck of a prize to say the least.
annasecond

Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:16 pm

In order to monetize the blog, you should make it visitor-friendly rather than search-engine friendly. Then market it efficiently.
psp

Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:23 am

I argee completely with your comments regarding community its the heart and sole of blogs and forums.

Get a good community behind you, and your on too a winner.
techreform

Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:18 am

Great sharing, thanks.
The number one reason people come to your blog
and join your community is because of one thing,
the content in your blog. If you don't have quality
content, nobody will stick in your blog and talk
about your blog or the topics of your blog.

Good readership and community start by building
good and quality content that people in your market
are looking for.

You can find out what people usually talk about or
the current hot topic from related forums. Jot down
the problems, needs, wanted, and any related
information in your market, then write them
in your blog.
ShawnLim

Return to Monetizing Your Blog