Multi-author blogs, payent for bloggers etc

Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:41 pm

I have a site which is nearly 3 years old and want to turn it into a blog, starting everything from scratch. It used to rank well for some highly competitive terms but I haven't updated it in months so those rankings have slipped a bit.

Does this sound like a viable idea?

My plan is to turn it into a multi-author blog as I don't feel I can commit the time to produce content every single day. I don't want to pay bloggers per post, instead I thought of allowing them 100% of the income generated within their post (adsense, chikita, affiliates etc) whilst I make money from the sidebar (text links, banners etc).

Payment Options

1. Bloggers to use their own adsense ids (not sure if google would allow this) or
2. Set up channels and then pay bloggers by paypal when the money comes through. I would set up the blog to look like: www.mydomain.com/betty/blog-post-on-shoes In my adsense a/c I would create a separate channel for each blogger.

On www.problogger.net Darren has written about blog networks and how there are a variety of ways bloggers can be paid but he didn't go into much detail.

I am very interested to find out what people think of these ideas.

Thanks
April
aprilkerr

AdSense Doesn`t Accept Third Party Sites.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:17 am

April!

If I remember right Google doesn´t accept that their partner will place AdSense ads on third party sites.

To make sure, you could check this from Google`s Terms, before you plan any further.
------------
Juhani Tontti
runner

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:56 am

It does seem to be against google's TOS but a lot of sites seem to be flaunting the rules. There's even a WP plugin which will rotate adsense ids.

I think I'll stay away from that. My blog it a fair bit off being finished anyway so it'll give me time to look more into channels for the various money-making methods.

April
aprilkerr

Return to Monetizing Your Blog