How to promote blog effectively

Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:15 am

hi everyone...

I actually have two questions on how to promote blog effectively.

1) I wonder how many different ways you could promot your blog?

2) Does pinging and submit your blog to directories is the same thing?

thanks much in advance!!!!
ritche

Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:13 pm

The best promotion is good content. The directories will find you automatically. Blogs have built-in marketing functions.

Ping is about updates to a blog, submission is about placing your blog in the colections of similar categories on other sites.
craigslistguy

Re: How to promote blog effectively

Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:25 am

ritche wrote:1) I wonder how many different ways you could promot your blog?

You can use PPC, SEO and ezine advertising to promote your blog. And also social bookmarking such as:
http://technorati.com
http://del.icio.us
http://furl.net

ritche wrote:2) Does pinging and submit your blog to directories is the same thing?

For the submission, you only submit to blog directories one time once you have created your blog to introduce your blog to blog directories.

For the pinging - You can use pinging several times once you have your new post on your blog. It is means you let directories know if your blog has new post. And also let search engines to index your new post of your blog. For pinging service, go to http://pingomatic.com
himanuzo

Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:35 pm

Nice explanation himanuzo. Can u be more elaborate on SEO of the blog?
psp

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:58 am

To make your blog get indexed by major search engines and even get top ranking of them for particular keyword, you must pay attention to important factors:
1. keyword - choose keyword that have high demand and low competition. And related to your product or service you promote.
2. domain, description & content - related to your keyword that you choose. You can use the keyword to domain of your blog. Put the keyword in content several times, but don't spam this. And also put the keyword in description of blog 1-3 times.
3. income links - without this, your blog never get indexed by major search engines. To get top ranking of major search engines for the keyword, your blog need hundreds or even thousands of income links from other websites that have high PR and related to your blog.

I found useful article about how to promote your blog:
http://www.associateprograms.com/discus ... asc-0.html
himanuzo

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:32 am

Of course one of the most important things to promote your blog is to get involved in other blog discussions. Post relevant comments and be sure to include a link back to your blog.

Remember, people will be reading your comments, so make them relevent and interesting. "Convince" the reader to click on your link to check out what you're all about.
DaveAMWSO

Get Backlinks By Joining Blog Link Carousel.

Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:16 am

Hi ritche!

This is a good way and takes only two minutes to get several backlinks to your blog.
The system is called Blog Link Carousel and it`s free:

http://homebusinessstart.blogspot.com
------------
Juhani Tontti
runner

Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:11 am

Some good tips. I will take a look at blog Carousel .
jcr266

Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:49 pm

Use your blog address in your business card, email signature, forums, also commenting in relevant blogs can help you in exposure and backlink.
bobchrist

Drive Fast Traffic By Link Building

Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:33 pm

I agree with you Link building is one of the important tactic to drive more traffic to your site. Along with this there are few more tactics such as blog marketing, video marketing, web 2.0 marketing, social marketing, internet marketing which also helps you to drive maximum traffic.
jackhumphrey

Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:10 pm

Basically everything you write about in your excellent book I have been promoting for you the past few months Jack.. :)

"The Authority Black Book"
http://www.authorityblackbook.com
jschuman

Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:08 am

Also, join some blog network like myblog log/blogher and implement blogrush like program.
albert

and dont forget some of these...

Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:09 am

places like:

cocomment
digg (digg yourself!)
newsvine
rollyo
msnlive
googlegroups
stumbleupon
squidoo

i could go on and on....

but what i would do is create a mastersheet somewhere. in your mastersheet, put your username and password for all the sites you join. of course, dont make it available online, and even keep it off your computer altogether if you can. start with perhaps 25 of the bigger sites and regularly make visits and post something on them. remember to plaster your face on everything as well. you could become 'just another link' if you don't. personality.... yeah.....
examplegroup6

and dont forget some of these...

Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:11 am

places like:

cocomment
digg (digg yourself!)
newsvine
rollyo
msnlive
googlegroups
stumbleupon
squidoo

i could go on and on....

but what i would do is create a mastersheet somewhere. in your mastersheet, put your username and password for all the sites you join. of course, dont make it available online, and even keep it off your computer altogether if you can. start with perhaps 25 of the bigger sites and regularly make visits and post something on them. remember to plaster your face on everything as well. you could become 'just another link' if you don't. personality.... yeah.....
examplegroup6

Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:16 pm

If your blog is an acclaimed hit you don't have to look back.Blogger itself has an array of settings, many of which work to your advantage in this endeavor. This first grouping is quite simple and just requires that you sign in to your Blogger account and flip a few switches.Weblogs.com is a blog update notification service that many individuals and services use to track blog changes. When your setting is activated, Blogger will notify weblogs.com that you have updated your blog. That means your blog will be included in various "recently updated" lists on the web as well as other blog-related services.Traffic-grabbing techniques is a little more persnickety and not as readily activated. The basic gist of this section of methods is "If you build it well they will come." You'll need to incorporate the other aspects of self-promotion, but it's true that writing a great blog goes a long way towards repeat visitors and word of blog.Write quality content and do it well.If your "style" is bad writing, worse grammar, no punctuation, and an ugly design, that might be okay for a niche crowd. But the idea here is to get a big crowd so fix yourself up a bit, pull it together man, have some respect for your readers, and discover a style that shines brightly through good blogging.The other factors you need to keep in mind while blogging on the net are:
1)Publish regular updates 2)Think of your audience.3)Keep search engines in mind 4)Keep your posts and paragraphs short. Be unique and be sure that your data is content relative.Another samll topic that creeps up in my mind now is prefference.Well just like other bloggers who blog through common and basic accounts I to have a preffered account.
marketraise001

Next

Return to Promoting Your Blog