Commission Junktion is a great way to monetarize

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:05 am

For those of you dont know Commission Junktion should definitely join.

Its a marketplace which offers to marketers to promote a hundreds of products offering different types of commission.
L:exa

Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:29 am

In addition to Commission Junction, there's also Linkshare, Performics, and my personal favorite: Shareasale (really top notch ethics and affiliate support), as well as a multitude of others.

Both of the programs I manage now are actually through Shareasale, however my company does run some programs through CJ and Linkshare as well.
DaveAMWSO

Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:14 pm

Let me just add AffiliateBOT to you short list of network that accepts bloggers to their program. The said network is one of the pioneers in opening the door of affiliate marketing to bloggers.
ronaldmarva

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:40 am

ClickBank is top affliate network and only provide digital products. you must join it.
himanuzo

Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:04 am

Yes but one thing to note - if you have a high traffic site choose both pay per lead and pay per sale to maximise revenue. Also look at the commission amount for ones that pay high and their history.
craigslistguy

Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:41 pm

I like Share a Sale the best. I am leading a personal boycott of Commission Junction because of the way they treat customers and affiliates
bfree74

CommissionJunction Sample

Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:56 am

I have the following commission junction based website: http://www.shoppers-gate.com

It does not bring any money :( It has 12 million products or so. My home PC fetches and updates CJ data feeds 24x7. electricity that it burns is more than the money this site makes. How can I improve?

I also have listed few affiliate programs at: http://affiliateshope.blogspot.com but i did not list commission junction among them. That is because if you click my links and sign up with these programs, then i get a comission from your affiliate sales too. But commission junction does not have that kind of referral program which is dissapointing. So, I am more interested in LinkShare now.
goodyboo

Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:58 am

Try amazon and some Cpa ads
jcr266

amazon?

Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:12 pm

i heard amazon referral expire in one day. is that true? most other programs let you get commission if a sale occurs within one month! one day is too short imo.
goodyboo

Re: CommissionJunction Sample

Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:02 pm

goodyboo wrote:I have the following commission junction based website: http://www.shoppers-gate.com

It does not bring any money :( It has 12 million products or so. My home PC fetches and updates CJ data feeds 24x7. electricity that it burns is more than the money this site makes. How can I improve?

I also have listed few affiliate programs at: http://affiliateshope.blogspot.com but i did not list commission junction among them. That is because if you click my links and sign up with these programs, then i get a comission from your affiliate sales too. But commission junction does not have that kind of referral program which is dissapointing. So, I am more interested in LinkShare now.

Your site has no focus, that's why. Anyone can go to a shopping site, there are too many huge major ones for that. Virturally impossible to compete with.

You need a niche!! Something to focus on, something to bring targeted people in.

Currently your site lists NO benefits of your website, nor why 'we' should shop at your online store as compared to the others.

Your meta tags are really bad also; no focus. This confuses the Search Engines.

Hope this helps.
bright-eyed

Re: CommissionJunction Sample

Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:07 pm

Thank you all for the information. To focus, I created a jewelry website diamondxcellence.com. [URL format removed - Moderator] It fouces on only jewelry, diamond rings, bracelets, necklace, pendant, unlike shoppers-gate. But since commission junction does not report sub categories for say jewelry, it is harder to put a detailed website up and running with a focus. It would be nice if each product in cj came with more category information. I hope this one does better.

By the way, does anyone know why commission junction webservice is not working? I am not able to get product information for a month now :(
goodyboo

Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:06 pm

Why choose an old topic to reply to? You would have been better starting a new one!

Wally Morgan - Moderator
administrator
Site Admin

Return to Monetizing Your Blog