Any Affordable Autoresponder To Start With?

Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:59 am

I can't afford an autoresponder service like the much recommended aweber.
Is there any cheaper or free that is OK to begin with?

Or can I use a program that I install on my website? I have read, when I send very much mails, then many hosts will see that as spam and cancel my host account or so. How many mails can I send without getting in trouble, or is there a host where I don't get in trouble even with very much mails (and again, where's the limit)?

Thanks for any advise!

Andy
Andyz

Free Autoresponder

Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:56 am

Hi,

I have used GetResponse first free
and then as a pro-member and recommend.
A lot of features and excellent support.

Juhani Tontti
runner

Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:31 pm

Thanks. I've just written, that the free version is too bad.

How else is getresponse compared to aweber?
Andyz

Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:24 am

Andyz -

If you can at all afford it, Aweber is a great solution.

Any software you install at your web host has its own set of inherent problems.

Even with a list of only a 100 or so responsive subscribers, you should easily make back the monthly fee for Aweber.

It is difficult to get your list members to move from one autoresponder to another. So start with a good one that you can stay with as your list grows.

Regards,

Lowell
Lowell

Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:47 am

Thanks...

I have just seen that the subscribe and unsubcribe confirmation pages from aweber seems always being the same, I think you can set a picture and a link in it, but I would prefer my own pages as subscribe or unsubscribe confirmation pages.

Can one do this with aweber or is there another good service where one can do that?
Andyz

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:55 pm

Andyz,

With Aweber you can set your "confirmation success page" to go to ANY other page when the subscriber clicks the confirmation link in the confirmation email. This is done at the bottom of the "verified opt-in page " in the "List Settings" menu.

Regards,

Lowell
Lowell

Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:35 pm

Oh, that's great, Thanks!

I assume, then this is possible with the unsubscribe confirmation page too, yes?
Andyz

Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:20 pm

Andyz,

Not to my knowledge. The unsubscribe form does give the unsubscriber the option of leaving comments.

Usually unsubscribes are not the most receptive customers, imo.

Lowell
Lowell

Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:21 am

freeautobot.com
sendfree.com
cardinal

This Auto Works

Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:23 pm

Hello,

I use auto-responders.net it's simple and
unique - the mail gets out and it's only
$12.95/month. Affordable and it works.

My Affliate Link:
http://auto-responders.net

[Affiliate tracking section of URL deleted. Admin.]

Any questions - let me know.
Cheryl
dreambiz

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:54 pm

Cheryl, Thanks for the recommendation, but it's time for you to read the forum instructions. If you want to use an affiliate link, the only place to do so is in your signature file.
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Auto responder

Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:32 am

There are a bunch of free ones around that you can setup real easy on your host. If you can't afford a monthly fee of any kind they are a good place to get you going to see if it's going to work for you. There are a few people having software and PLR giveaways right now that you can get some of these at. Don't have the link handy but just search for giveaway 2 and giveaway 3 or 4 and you should be able to find one of them. I think giveaway 3 has the most software and a couple of autoresponders. I am using two free ones at the moment and my lists are in the thousands and they are working fine for me. I started with PHPlist and I am still using it for one of my lists, it's totally free, a litte intense to setup though especially the forms. But they have a dedicated support forum also.
jhardy

Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:40 pm

I learned that it's not good to use a autoresponder on ones host. There will be delivery problems when the list grows bigger and when you want to import the list into an autoresponder service, then you can lose almost of the list.
Andyz

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:08 pm

hmm, that I am not sure about. But now that you mention it I think I have also heard that somewhere before. I use them on my hosts with thousands of users in each list and I have no delivery problems. I have no intentions of using anything else so I am not worried about transfering the list. Something you should check into though if that is a future concern. Of course no matter where you have your autoresponder you should always have a recent back up copy of your list anyway. I always keep Excel copys on a CD, I don't imagine it would be hard to import somewhere else but as I say I have never tried to import into a commercial Autoresponder.
jhardy

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:25 pm

Just thought I would mention, some Hosts offer Email Autoresponder services. I know one of my hosts does, Domains priced right, They offer an autoresponder called ExpressMail to go with your account. Not sure if it is any good but I know they only charge a couple of bucks a month and it's already setup for you and you get an initial 500 emails per month with the basic package and support. For a couple of bucks more you can move up into a higher package like 1000 a month or something like that and so on....

So Andy maybe check with your host and see if they offer that type of service and they would be good people to answer that question about deliverability and difficulty of transfer if you decide to move your list as it grows. But all I am thinking is that it's a cheap place to start and get your feet wet and gain some knowledge on how to operate your own autoresponder, if you can't afford a higher monthly payment with someone like Aweber. I am sure with 500 to a 1000 user list you wouldn't have much of a problem with deliverability and transfer issues and if your small list is bringing you in some money then you will know you can afford to move to someone like Aweber if you want. Hope I'm making sense? :roll:
jhardy

Next

Return to List Building and Newsletters