Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:50 pm

I have read very much around and it really seems that if you don't use an autoresponder service, many emails don't get through. Do you know how much emails get through if you send one out?
If only 70% reach your customers then you lose almost 1 third of your income.
The best autoresponer services have a very high delivery rate, up to 99%.

And there is a problem with importing lists to AR services. Some don't allow mass imports, some demand reconfirm, and then you would lose most subsribers.
It is possible to import a list into aweber, but I have faced real examples from marketers who have lost almost their whole list, because it was not possible that they import them without reconfirm. Aweber checks before they allow you.
Andyz

Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:15 pm

Well then I guess you should sign up for an Autoresponder with Aweber or another comparable service. You can always get answers to your questions at Aweber, I'm sure they can tell you all you need to know before you sign up. That way you will be sure all you read is true.

There is also Verticle Response which is free monthly and you only pay for the emails you send.

Good luck
jhardy

Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:41 pm

I think aweber is the best, maybe getresponse too, all other had way badder delivery rate in the tests that I saw online. Only getresponse is gets more expensive above 1000 subscribers, the more subscribers you have. Aweber has the same price up to 10,000 which is great.

But I don't feel very good with awebwer because I have read the stories of two people where aweber has very relentlessly kicked them after they made a mistake against the TOS. No opportunity for explanation or another chance. They kept the pre paid money for some months. Ok, to keep the prepaid money is also in many companies TOS but that somehow sucks. You don't need to have a bad intention, only a little mistake, and you have a big problem.

With Mike Filsaime they have not being relentless, they only told him, that he was doing something wrong (against TOS) and he corrected that and all ok.
So it looks like they are only relentless to the small fishes...
Andyz

Sun May 13, 2007 12:59 am

I will point out that having a good autoresponder is imperative.

Remenber that capturing leads will eventually bring your investment back.

The key word here is investment, you need to invest in your business, so you need to provided your businnes with the best tools.

Aweber is one the best option today.

Go for it.
Melvin Gonzalez

Mon May 14, 2007 8:14 am

As you might have seen from my post that i'm having a few problems with aweber. day 3 and they still haven't answered my emails, and i still can't get the code to put the form on my site?

http://www.associateprograms.com/discus/ftopic24017.html

obviously not everyone will have the same problem, but just beware. i'm going to switch over to getresponse today and see if i can get started.
mattie

Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:13 am

My suggestion would be to start with a good paid autoresponder right from the very start instead if using a free one; because if you use a free autoresponder now and decide to switch to a good paid autoresponder in the future, your subscribers have to opt-in again and you may lose a good portion of your list.

If you're out of budget, you can always be a freelance writer, graphic artist, or whatever you're good at for the meantime until you start seeing some profits. If there's a will, there's a way.

Good luck!
persuasionwizard

Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:21 am

You really should go with aweber right from the start.
You wouldnt want to change autoresponders and import leads.....

I recommend aweber right from the getgo.....
jgiannettict

Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:46 am

You may also use software installed on your desktop. A good choice that works for me is FollowUp Expert: http://www.xtreeme.com/followupxpert/

It gives you full control over the sending process. The only drawback is that you have to use email provider that lets you send the number of messages you need. I'm using http://fastmail.fm and they work well.

Good luck,
Gyamtso
bilus

Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:09 am

Many emails will not come through with it. The messages from aweber come through, because they take care about that. That's the advantage with a good service, because the companies trust aweber, as they know they don't allow to send spam or emails to leads that have no opted in themselves.
Andyz

Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:51 am

I agree that delivering using desktop software is tricky but aweber won't work well if you already have a large mailing list.

Just my $0.01

Have a nice weekend!
Gyamtso
bilus

Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:24 pm

I just signed up with icontact. There is a free trial, but I went on and signed up for the monthly $9.95 for 500 subscribers since I'm just starting out.
crouton

Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:59 am

persuasionwizard wrote:My suggestion would be to start with a good paid autoresponder right from the very start instead if using a free one; because if you use a free autoresponder now and decide to switch to a good paid autoresponder in the future, your subscribers have to opt-in again and you may lose a good portion of your list.

Good luck!

I can point you at a good free autoresponder (includes a bunch of other essential marketing tools as well, url/ad tracker etc) I've used very happily. Only available through an affiliate link so PM me if you want to check it out.

You can start free and upgrade to paid if you ever want to, thereby maintaining control of your subscribers.

Cheers
Allan
dadathome

Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:22 pm

Hey Andyz,

I know most people always suggested Aweber, but that does not mean Aweber is suitable for all. Not to offense anybody, but for someone who just started out their business, may not have the budget to afford Aweber. What will happen when you use Aweber for more than 3 months but still could not make any sales from your product or affiliate product?

I can understand some people just could not afford it because I've been there. People who actually make money keep on suggesting Aweber here, Aweber there. These people don't seem to understand that we may not be lucky as they are in making sales. Somehow I feel that these people blindly said that Aweber is the best because most internet gurus are using it. So by saying it, they are hoping people who just started out think they know what they are talking about. Of course, free autoresponder will not help either.

Andyz, why not try ZoomResponse for a change. I personally tried it and so far it has the same functionality as Aweber. Furthermore, it is way much cheaper than Aweber. It will only cost you $7 per month. The support team is also very helpful.

There's a time where they offer a one time charge of $67 and you will not be charge anymore for the rest of your life. I missed out that offer though.

You can check it out yourself.
jaihyppo

cheap autoresponder

Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:23 pm

hi I am using

responsebot. it is cheap. $49 per year I think, $67 one time, it is ok. the problems for them are their sites really lacking of navigation. say if you have a problem you just don't know where to submit your support ticket.

they don't have some sophisticated feature like aweber or getresponse. But just found out they are not taking orders sorry : (
MakeMoneyForTeens2468

Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:45 am

makemoney, this is not uncommon. The so-called "bargain basement" companies just don't last very long. Solid AutoResponder companies that stand the test of time have proven themselves over the years by making a considerable investment in technology and infrastructure to support thousands and even tens of thousands of clients.

To a degree, "you get what you pay for" is a pretty safe bet with AutoResponder companies. Of course, some are so overpriced that it's virtually ridiculous but that's a story for another day.

;-)

The key is to research the various AutoResponders to see which ones offer the features that are most important to you. There are a number of good companies available. Many of them offer free trial periods where you can try their system out before you commit any money.

One marketer may prefer Aweber while another prefers GetResponse. Still others prefer TrafficWave.net and they will each have their reasons for why they chose the company they selected.

At the end of the day, it may come down to personal preference and budget. But I always recommend that anyone looking in to using AutoResponders go with a proven company that is established and stays on top of technology and service.

It doesn't matter that you may have the "cheapest" autoresponder in town if they can't stay in business long enough to get your message out to your prospects.

Brian Rooney
trafficwave

PreviousNext

Return to List Building and Newsletters