How to Display Affiliate Links

Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:50 pm

I just found out how to add a link at Freewebs.com to 1 of my Aff. Merchants. It wasn't as simple as I thought, but I'd like to make an attractive zZounds logo/icon link instead of a text link. On the other hand, I'm debating from the perspective of impulse marketing/ purchasing whether it would be better to create a separate page for a very organized display of categorized links and affiliates.

Opine with great pithiness to your heart's content!

Have a Wonderful Weekend,
KC
King Conga

Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:15 am

If you are interested in hiding your affiliate links I wrote about how to hide your affiliate links on my blog.

Also, instead of creating a directory of tons of affiliate sites/products I would focus on a niche or certain type of affiliate product and write about that in a blog or something. I personally feel directories are dead.

Just my opinion.
nuvru

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:14 am

There are still a lot of space in your site. You can place some banners and textlink on your site. I agree that creating a directory of tons of affiliate sites/products would make your marketing effort less productive unless you have a large traffic already. Find a niche that you can work on and select some good affiliates program with that niche.
ronaldmarva

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:59 pm

I think the best way is to write postings where you weave in some suggestions for products that would help with a problem that you're writing about, or you endorse at the end a product that offers a solution for the problem.
Andyz

link

Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:36 am

Like your site.
Just a thought. I am quite sure that most musicians know that Zzounds is a music store, but instead of Zzounds, perhaps something like "why is Zzounds #1, See who is #1 in music, See why Zzounds is #1, Guess who is #1 in Music", etc might get more clicks, might be worth a test.
I have one free web site (originally set up to prove Free web sites stink, I was wrong) that I am most pleased with, but I have difficulty with graphic displays and no luck with java. Any problem for you and any recommendations? Thanks.
Much Success,
George Pierce
George Pierce

Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:51 pm

Andyz wrote:I think the best way is to write postings where you weave in some suggestions for products that would help with a problem that you're writing about, or you endorse at the end a product that offers a solution for the problem.

I agree with this. Just hyperlinking an affiliate product to a keyword phrase in the natural flow of a sentence in my blog post works for me. Of course you need traffic to your blog for this to work.

Once you have people reading your posts some of them will naturally click on the hyperlinked phrase as they are reading it.
jschuman

Return to Monetizing Your Blog