My First Newsletter....Any Suggestions?

Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I am planning to run my own newsletter, for the first time, on my new website. After building up some comfort and rapport/credibility, with my prospects with some few letters first, I'd want to lead them to some of the opportunities I'm a member of, which are all great opportunities.

The problem is, I don't want to overwhelm/ confuse them with the many offers. Should I produce the opportunities first and briefly explain all of them, while asking them to choose the one they think suits them most, or should I focus my letters on one of them, check to see how many joined it after sometime, wait a little and then send the ones who haven't joined, my next opportunities letters, maybe it'll appeal to them more? I am biased to the later.

I am planning on using a total of 65 letters for each opportunity. 7 letter series that provides a warm, friendly introduction of me and my home-based business, 29 high impact letters that will drive prospects to my home-based business opportunity, 5 follow-up letter series designed to turn a prospect into a team member, 9 letter series that will walk my new team members through the steps of building their own successful team, 5 letter series that will keep my team members inspired and motivated and finally 10 holiday letters to wish my prospects or team members a happy holiday. Would like to hear your opinions on that.

As for the free offers/ebooks that I give out with the newsletter, I am planning to give them the main free ebook right after they sign up. Then I'll be giving them one free ebook each month...How does that sound?

Also for the tools that I'd be recommending them to use, I only plan to just mention or embed hints to them in the main opportunities' letters, and not talk about them on whole letters. Is that ok? Any comments are much appreciated...
Thanks a lot...
mystical

Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:18 pm

Sounds good to me!...sounds like you've given it a lot of thought. I'd say give it a test run and make any necessary adjustments as you go (be sure to allow ample time for results to settle in).
multimastery

Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:27 pm

Let us all know how it works out for you too! Good luck.
imabigboy

Re: My First Newsletter....Any Suggestions?

Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:38 pm

mystical wrote:The problem is, I don't want to overwhelm/ confuse them with the many offers. Should I produce the opportunities first and briefly explain all of them, while asking them to choose the one they think suits them most, or should I focus my letters on one of them, check to see how many joined it after sometime, wait a little and then send the ones who haven't joined, my next opportunities letters, maybe it'll appeal to them more? I am biased to the later.

Always put one by one... not all opportunities at one time. Its really confuses the readers.
radhika

Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:08 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies and support...

I guess I'll go one at a time, but at the same time provide a link at the bottom to take them back to the directory of opportunities I have in my site, to choose from, in case the one they are reading didn't do so.

I am also thinking in categorizing the opportunities... any ideas about that?
mystical

Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:15 pm

mystical wrote:
I am also thinking in categorizing the opportunities... any ideas about that?

You can use a simple cgi or php script that categorizes the listing that you enter.
radhika

Return to List Building and Newsletters