Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:34 pm

Here's a link to the Google blog PO were referencing...

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot. ... input.html

There is some speculation as to what exactly constitutes a paid link.

As the PO article said...

Always remember, Google doesn't need to be fair or reasonable about these sort of things. It's their index—we just play in it, and spam is what Google says it is.

In other words, it's one more way they are covering themselves. Expect a variable implementation policy, as these things are definitely not written in stone.

For any subscribers who missed it, here's a link...

http://www.searchenginenews.com/se-news ... tml#GOOGLE

Cheers,
Charlie.
Charlie

Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:40 pm

Update could be anytime from now to end of the year.
jcr266

Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:59 am

The fastest way to get a PR5 website
is buy one.

I'm not kidding. There's nothing wrong
with this.
Insiders call it 'flipping' websites.

And it really DOES still matter what
pagerank your website has.

And it is also very important what
PR the websites have that link to you.

A good example are the article
directories. If you submit an article
to a high PR article directory then
Google will bring up your article
faster, because Google loves high PR
websites and visits them more often
than a website with low or no PR.

Believe me, Google visits
ezinarticles.com several times per
day.

If your article is in there it wil be
in the search results within days,
provided that you have optimized it
for SEO with longtail keywords.
(less competing websites)

And if you provide a text link
(with the longtail in it) in your
bio-box you will get high PR links
to your website which will on it's
turn benefit the ranking of your
website.
RudyDhondt

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:29 pm

PR is based on quality back links your site has.
The most common ways of getting backlinks are thru social bookmarking, directory submissions, submitting to press release sites, forum sigs, etc. etc.. What's important from an SEO point of view is getting relevant and quality (organic / natural) back links. You get this if you provide very good content that would make other sites want to link to your site. Also having back links to high PR sites helps your site on PR building as well.

On a marketing perspective IMO, having more targetted link backs is very important as these yields the highest conversion rate. That is why I always opt for PAID TARGETTED BACK LINKS, given a budget. In general, the more link backs you have - the more exposure your site gets - the more chances you get traffic from these back links ;)
MrCat

Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:11 pm

True. I got a PR 5 mainly through backlinks from article directories, forum sig files, and social bookmarking sites.

They say it is better to have 1 backlink from 10 different sites than 10 backlinks from the same site, assuming these sites have the same PR. Is this true?

Thanks!
persuasionwizard

Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:58 pm

quest wrote:Can you deposit PR into your bank account? When you can then it will matter. Until then all that matters is traffic and conversions. PERIOD. When you finally get that then you might be able to make some money.

PR does NOT = money. It's just a little green bar. What makes money is TRAFFIC and CONVERSION. PERIOD.

Bingo! Listen to this guy, for he know what he speaks!
etj4582

Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:07 pm

We have to be very careful when we make statements and then add in caps PERIOD.

That implies that there are no other answers and kind of shuts down the free expression of more ideas and thinking that can occur with remembering that we all count and we can all learn and we all have something to teach.

I believe we have to be a good student before we can become a good teacher and sometimes you need to shut up and listen when you are used to telling everyone else what to do.

I know of many sites that get lots of traffic and do not make much money.

I know of many sites that covert like crazy and their refund request through click bank for example are dismal because their product or service does not perform what they promised.

I hear people tout that one page web sites are just GRQ tactics but I know many one page web sites that do a very good job of marketing very good products.

I hear people say content only sites is the way to go but they make very little income with 200 page sites.

I would argue that in order for any business to thrive on line you need three things:

1.) A product or service people want or need.
2.) A web site that sells.
3.) Qualified targeted traffic

I feel if you don't have all three, you will not make it as a success.

But I've come to discover with my 6 sites and a short 10 years on line you might now need a 4th piece of the puzzle that is often ignored.

4.) An Effective Marketing Program - This is different from a site that sells. Marketing means more than selling. An Effective Marketing Program is an Effective Strategy to get targeted people to your site with an Effective Message to pre-sell them for your product or service. The key word is effective and that is just as important as qualified traffic vrs. just lots of traffic.

Just my two cents.
bkbiloxi

Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:45 pm

To get it fast, buy high PR links. Try to keep the links relevant so that you get some decent traffic as well from those links.
jarek

Sun May 18, 2008 6:33 am

I don't get it why mine is at PR0. I'm linked with tons of sites but they're not showing up in Google for some reason. Do you know how long I should expect until I get some sort of Pagerank other than 0 :shock:

This is my site: [[URL deleted - Moderator]
mikekriss

Fri May 23, 2008 5:01 pm

mikekriss wrote:I don't get it why mine is at PR0. I'm linked with tons of sites but they're not showing up in Google for some reason. Do you know how long I should expect until I get some sort of Pagerank other than 0 :shock:

This is my site: [[URL deleted - Moderator]

Once a page is indexed, it is already assigned a PR - no such thing as PR0. The info on the Google ToolBar is updated periodically, usually 3 months.
MrCat

Page Rank

Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:34 am

I keep reading that PR doesnt matter, but my results in the engines went up massively when my PR went from 2 to 4. If it's not important why do people want it so much? Why is a PR8/9 worth so much for incoming links? People don't just look at Alexa rank, that's always second to PR
kitchenappliances

Web Site Promotion

Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:52 am

Google does not care about Page Rank when rating web pages for rank in its Search Engine Results Page (SERP). Google's algorithm sees Page Rank as some sort of a guide as to the web page's importance and never a measure as to if the web pages are authentic or not.
kennichi

Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:31 am

Get back links on relevant and DoFollow sites because Google gives more value on them. Remember that quality is better than quantity.
generose

Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:57 am

Avalon wrote:There is no special techniques other than the standard "seo" and LINKS LINKS LINKS! My Free Links Direct site went from a PR0 when launched in the middle of May (actually, late May) and hit a PR5 when Google did their PR update in July. So, 2 months went from 0 to 5 almost entire on links. That's really the main thing.

Do you release about your website PR value climbing? HOw to do step by step, give detailed information,please? :shock:
kayser916

Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:35 am

PR5 can be obtained with time rather than money but it will be a long process.The only problem could be getting quick backlinks will end up the site in Google sand-box and may hurt SERPS ranking.I keep hearing that I shouldn't worry so much about it,that it will happen in due course and that there is a lot more to having successful sites than just pr.
shaneclerk

PreviousNext

Return to Web Site Promotion