Link Directory Submitter

Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:09 pm

Has anyone used Link Directory Submitter? If so, what are its pros and cons? If you have written an objective review that ends up recommending the product and I agree that it's worth the $97, include your affiliate link in your sig file (if you are an affiliate).

TIA,

Mark

P.S. Almost all of us experience a psychological resistance to clicking on affiliate links, even if we earn an income from affiliate programs! So I consciously work against this mental resistance by asking for affiliate links from people who provide objective, helpful recommendations for good products.
mworthen

Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:27 am

Hey Mark:

I use Directory Submitter on every site I launch. It's a great way to get anywhere from 200 to 250 one way links back to your site over time. Of course not all directories will approve the link right away, so it may take a few weeks to see the full benefits.

I think currently Tom has 385 directories in the program, but some are specialty directories, and sometimes they won't approve you, so when all is said and done, I end with about 200 to 250 links.

It's a semi-automatic way to get links, so you still have to navigate to the correct category that is related to your site. It takes me about 2 hours to do, but that's not too bad considering the benefits.

I don't have it in my sig because I'm currently finishing up a book called "Working the Niches...Your Key to Creating Multiple Streams of Income and Exploding your Profits." I'm giving it away for free from my site, and the book will be shown in my sig, so that's why I've elected to not put up a sig as of yet.

However, if you click on the "www" button below, that'll take you to my home page. You'll see the various tools and software I use in my internet business. You'll also be able to read some more stuff about Directory Submitter. Good luck.

Steve
Steve Wright

Link Directory Submitter

Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:17 am

Hi Mark,

I used it for around 10 of my url?s
and got around 250 one way links.

PR are from 0 - 9 and you have to find out
the category from every directory and also
insert all missing information.

So it needs a lot
of work and time but is absolutely better than
to dig every single directory by hand.

Juhani Tontti
runner

Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:47 pm

I never heard of the software, but seems like it may be worth checking out. I've been submitting my sites by hand to about 50 directories and it's been a REAL hassle (total time waster). If I can find something to do it automagically, it may be well worth the money.
Avalon

Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:40 pm

The developer of directory submitter recently added almost one hundred additional directories, so now there are close to 480 directories that you can submit your website information to. Of course, you'll probably only wind up with about 300 links from it due to some directories being niche specific and other directories not approving your site.

If I can find something to do it automagically

It's not totally automatic since you still have to navigate to the correct category that fits your niche, but it beats copying and pasting your web info. to hundreds of directories. Bottom line...how much is your time worth?

Tip: I don't submit one site to all directories at once. Directory Submitter will remember your site info like meta stuff, url, etc, so space it out a bit. Think natural. I'll do 30 or so directories and then a few days later I'll do another 30 or 40. I'll just ink it on my schedule. For example: From 9 to 9:15, submit "niche" site using directory submitter, from 9:15 to 9:30, submit "niche2" site, etc.

Steve
Steve Wright

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:43 pm

Steve Wright wrote:I don't submit one site to all directories at once. Directory Submitter will remember your site info like meta stuff, url, etc, so space it out a bit

Yeah... that's a very very good tip and one I emphasis a lot. You need gradual links that build up over time. If you take a sudden SPIKE in links one day and then go back down the next, it hurts more than helps since it shows an unnatural trend. Anyway, good tip. I'll probably check out the Directory Submitter. I hate wasting time. :)
Avalon

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:17 am

I totally agree about the slower method of back linking.
As you say, this looks a lot more natural to Google so you won't come under suspicion. I wrote a blog post about it recently on my marketing website. This is especially true of newer sites. As you site ages it is okay to build more links.

Regards
Catherine
[Link deleted - Please, read the Message Board Use Instructions - Moderator]
CatK

Re:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:33 am

I suggest you to never use any software for any submission. It might be possible to count as black hat techniques and your webpage may be penalize. I suggest you to always step ahead with manually submission.
NileLars

Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:46 pm

After Google Panda and Penguin update, I have stop doing directory submission. Before panda I use to submit manually in each and every directory.
kaushalshah

Return to Web Site Promotion