Is Click Bank a Scam?

Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:34 pm

Has anyone purchased anything from Click Bank? It seems that everything they advertise is too good to be true and I am skeptical to buy from them.

Holly
[Link deleted. It belongs in your signature file. Admin.]
Hollyb25

Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:53 am

You wouldn't exactly be buying from ClickBank. You'd be buying from the individual businesses which sell their products through ClickBank.

It costs only $49 for an author to set up an account at ClickBank, so yes, it's easy for someone to sell rubbish there. ClickBank doesn't edit the content.

Some very useful books are also sold through ClickBank. I've often bought books whose affiliate programs were tracked by ClickBank.

You need to try to find someone whose opinion you trust - not an easy thing to do.
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Thank you for the clairification

Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:30 am

Thank you for the clairification, that makes sense.

Your site looks interesting, I am hoping to read it more in depth this week.

Holly
[URL deleted - Moderator] My Business Opportunity is CNN and the DISCOVERY CHANNEL'S "Model of Success."
Hollyb25

Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:52 am

Holly - there is some good stuff on there and some crap. Clickbank do offer a refund policy, if you wind up buying the latter.

If you're going to sell anything from Clickbank, don't sell anything you haven't read yourself, as you don't want to ruin your reputation promoting rubbish. I only promote a handful of products on my site, and I never add a new one until I've read it, or used it first - it isn't worth the risk.
richerbrat

Is Clickbank a scam?

Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:37 am

Hello Holly:

No one has actually answered your question about whether or not Clickbank is a scam, although Allan and richerbrat came close. The answer is definitely NOT. Clickbank has an excellent reputation and is a highly respected Internet company. And as richerbrat indicated, they do have an effective refund policy. In addition, if Clickbank gets a lot of complaints about a particular company or individual, you can bet they won't be selling their products on Clickbank anymore.
daleking

i have different comment..

Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:05 pm

hi

Yeah, Click Bank is not a scam. But dont you think the majority of products sold via this network are very close to definition of scam?
neeraj_sam

Is Clickbank a scam?

Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:50 pm

No, I don't think a majority of the products are scams. I've purchased about 10 different products from Clickbank merchants over the years, and I've only been disappointed one time. Are some of their products scams? Sure they are. But they don't usually make it to the top anyway. And even if they did, they wouldn't stay there very long, because in business, you're either an asset or a liability. And if you're scamming people and they're demanding refunds, you quickly become a liability that Clickbank won't keep around.
daleking

Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:04 pm

almost all of merchants have proper contact info with them .. so they may get into trouble if they try to sell scam .... Also advertisements shows much more than reality ...if they say you will make $100 an hour from survey site ( they are probably explaining best case, not everyone will earn). but peoples think its scam ... and if its scam our education system is scam too where all universities highlight there top multinational placements in all newspapers and donot reveal list of students who fail . or get job of $2 an hour ..
topaffiliateprogram

Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:35 pm

No way can you list Clickbank a scam although there are some dodgy products being sold there. If you buy through clickbank though, you can always rest assured with their compulsory money back guarantee that they will make sure sellers display on their front page.

I hope this reply and the rest before mine answers your question
Dylanloh

Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:43 am

I agree with all here and I just wanted to add that everybody likes to advertize the best case scenario. The best thing to do before buying any product is get feedback about the product and the owner/ author from related forums and groups like google or yahoo groups. If it is a product related to small business, internet marketing, affiliate programs etc. this is forum is a good place to get feedback.

I have purchased some great digital products from Clickbank. If you think something is a seriously a scam, then by all means report to clickbank and ask for refund.
ezinebonanza

Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:22 am

I think ClickBank is less likely to represent any scammers in the fact they force the refund. So the conclusion will be, it's far safer than many sites.
Ms Mouse

Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:00 am

You know I was wondering if Clickbank actually "scams" vendors. They said they would ban serial refunders right? Anyone has any evidence of them doing so already? Have they actually done so?

Hmm..perhaps I should start another topic on this
Dylanloh

Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:02 am

I don't know if they've actually done it or not, or how they decide when too many refunds are enough.

There are probably not lots of these fraudulent refund requesters round anyway. I've only ever had one person ask for a refund on any of my sites, and I was surprised, as it was for an excellent product. I figured that they were just trying it on, or too lazy to read it.
richerbrat

Return to General Affiliate Discussion