Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:33 pm

Something else I would just like to mention. When you affiliate a Product through Clickbank you can expect this thing to happen a lot. Information products with an 8 week refund policy! I know a lot of products I have been an affiliate for on clickbank and sold one day, when I come back the next day anywhere from 30 - 50% have been refunded. So if your thinking your making a killing one day and you up your advertising budget to accommodate the sales, be prepared for your disappointment the next day or week, or more, as product gets refunded. Especially if your running Adwords Campaigns because Google certainly isn't going to give you back the money you spent on advertising because your sales are being refunded. It could put you into a very bad situation.
jhardy

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:20 am

Until recently, I bought one product from him. It was good, but not what I suspected. So, I requested a refund. He replied saying that I was the first customer who requested a refund and he asked me "why". Although his sales letter did mentioned 100% No Risk Money Back Guarantee Without Questions Ask (he lied..). Okay fine, I explained to him politely but he seems upset and replied my email with some harsh word. I don't know whether to laugh or angry because the product I bought from him did mentioned we need to take good care of our customer.

This is not the first, I have faced this problem with some other gurus as well. I can't mention their names because it is not very ethical thing to do.

If it it so, that obviously sucks. I am surprised about it though. But with any company, the word will spread, if they act this way.

I know a lot of products I have been an affiliate for on clickbank and sold one day, when I come back the next day anywhere from 30 - 50% have been refunded. So if your thinking your making a killing one day and you up your advertising budget to accommodate the sales, be prepared for your disappointment the next day or week, or more, as product gets refunded.

I can't imagine it's generally so bad? Are you selling excelllent products? I think that content customers won't request a refund in the most cases. Of course, there are some people they like to buy to keep the product and get their money back, but that must be the fewest. I think it's a so little percentage, that you can forget about that.
Andyz

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:38 am

The 60 day thing is Visa and MC. The card companies have made everyone limit their warranty, returns, etc. to 60 days. Not just CB, but everywhere. One of my merchant account providers even searched my sites looking to make sure I was in compliance, and I am a small-timer.

I've seen a package that lets you time-out your products after so long a time. Works like the limited amount of openings you can have with a demo program, except it's time (or openings). You can set a time limit and only let them continue to use the program when they agree they accept it and are happy with it, from which point there are no refunds.

I've had occasion to as for a refund on a couple of guru type items. One in just the last week, or so. Got it right away, as I did the time before.

I wasn't trying them out, they just didn;t work and after playing with them for awhile I was in no mood to get a replacement, just wanted my money back. Got it quickly both times.

I just had an experience as a seller this weekend. A lady ordered that affiliate masking program I sell, and paid with PayPal. Then sent me an email that she could not get the download page to come up. Well, I'd made several other sales the same day and the day before, so I knew things were working.

So I replied to her email to tell her it might be her security settings. but the reply bounced. I tried again, it bounced, as well. Sent me an email but did not whitelist me for a reply.

At that point I had no way to contact her. She was from Canada, so I did a search for a phone number, but came up dry from that angle as well.

I figured I'd spent enough time trying to help, when I knew my end was working. I went to the download page and downloaded myself.

So, I went to PayPal and simply refunded her purchase. They have a 300 character limit on the message, so I tried to explain the situation. I had spent $ 7.50 worth of time and she ended up with nothing. Sorry situation, but I felt it was all I could do.
pete

Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:47 am

Compare now to 2 years before, they are not much gurus on a particular niche, therefore, you will receive less complaints from customers.

But nowadays, I believe they are just so many people who try to become a guru themselves even though they still have no great success yet. This is the people who spoil the world of internet business. They simply want to sell things rather than helping their customers.

I still believe, old school like Allan Gardyne, Mike Filsaime, Russell Brunson, Ewen Chia and so on are still the best.
jaihyppo

Previous

Return to Complaint Corner