A James Martell forum with no faith in James Martell?

Sat May 27, 2006 2:33 pm

Hi people. I'm new here. :)

Just wanted to say that I am a newbie at building affiliate websites and I am currently developing my first site following the JM handbook. I'm at the stage now where I need inbound links and many, many more (quality) articles. It's being done slowly, but surely.

I noticed in the other thread 'Loyalty has a price' that many expressed their distrust with James Martell. When I say that, I'm actually talking more about the process of building winning websites as oppose to the apparent zero-value buzz subscription and pricey updates.

And I'll be honest with you - I'm feeling a little discouraged now that I've read all this. It's taken me some effort to even get to the stage I'm at, and now that I'm slowly getting in the game, I'm enjoying the process. But since reading posts here, I feel like I'm at the starting point again.

Especially when people say things like 'JM methods don't work anymore'. Is that the truth? Is there any point in following his methods now? Is there even any point of this forum? I'm just thinking out aloud.

Please go easy on me. I don't mean to sound angry. I'm actually a little sad. :?
Sham Rele

Sat May 27, 2006 4:22 pm

The Martell book has good beginning fundamentals - but for most sites, it takes a lot longer for things to get going than you might expect from reading his book and hearing the buzz.

Also, if you are wanting solid long-term success with a site, it needs to be VERY high quality - don't just write fluff articles - and if you ever expect it to be on Google, it'll need some great links pointing to it, links from places like DMOZ, .gov's, and other authority sites. So when you write, imagine the content being reviewed by human editors and ask yourself if it's good enough and unique enough for them to have no reason to turn it down.

So I would say that it's a decent system to start out with... but it's only the beginning. Also try to go beyond it by adding things like scripts, forums, galleries, etc... things to make it user-friendly and unique.

The buzz... well... I haven't heard anything useful on there for at least a year - it seems like he now uses it to advertise his wife's ebook, his bootcamp, or to talk about how rich he is.
modestmouser

Mon May 29, 2006 2:33 am

I agree it's all a starting point and developing the "system" that works for you. Quality content is key... good quality content will bring you links. Also I recommend at topic which is evergreen and you could write on for years.

Don't get discouraged... there are not magic tricks or secrets - it takes work! The turtle wins the race.

All the Best,
speedguide

Mon May 29, 2006 7:46 am

Strange that anyone would say:

"His methods doesn't work anymore"

When the person in question is ranked 2 of
15 000 000 pluss for several keyword combinations.

On another hand I find it strange that he buys domains for $15.
Of course, when you earn a lot of money.. :wink:
oneiros

Mon May 29, 2006 3:37 pm

I'll just keep building - keep adding quality content (I'm having around 100 pages written by an elance writer and so far the quality is great) - and I'll concentrate on the PAD technique.

I guess it's a little too early to really determine how this will pan out.

On a side note, it would be nice if JM had 'recent' testimonials on his site. Recent, as in the last year or so. All the 'great' testimonials are from a while ago.

Who is making a consistent $500(+) a month per site in the last year & half using only JM methods? This is what I'd like know. Not that it would take anything away from the work I'm doing - just curious.
Sham Rele

Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:55 pm

JM's manual still works, I suggest building articles pages
around lesser competitive keywords first, you'll
get traffic faster.

Jeremy
Jeremy

Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:54 am

Lets face it.. COlin mcdougall was one of his students.. his pic and testimonial is no longer on there.. that speaks volumes plus the fact that colin says alot of james methods wont do you much good..

without buying his book or joining the buzz.( which just harps on about his bootcamp which he will do every year now.. lol , and his cobra and how hes raking in dough )

but... people will keep buying his book.. blind leads the blind
edhelp1

Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:42 pm

I agree it's all a starting point and developing the "system" that works for you.

Based on costs this is high priced recommendation. $170 book and you pay charges for updates?? The James Martell system is about making money for him. Extra money for the buzz, bootcamp etc and there are books for less and offer the same basic training. And they don't charge extra for updates or newsletters.
BobShark

Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:00 am

Hi guys
I bought james martell book after i read allan's recommendation of the book.
Yup it was bit hard on the pocket.However james book doubles as a technical as well as a motivational book. Whenever i feel affiliate marketing is not for me , i just open one of his pages and somewhere i invariably find the word .. you can do it!
mikelombardy

Information is what makes money!

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:14 pm

I'll just keep building - keep adding quality content (I'm having around 100 pages written by an elance writer and so far the quality is great) - and I'll concentrate on the PAD technique.

I followed the book, I bought into the newsletter... I helped pay for the Cobra and the "Breakations".

I paid for 500 articles to be written to match the formula. I got some checks.

I never once received a check in excess of $300 in one month.

Google dance and now its gone.

Be careful!!! Its not a permanent "runs itself" business.

Selling INFORMATION online IS. Right James? Just ask Colin!

Invest slowly, but if I were you, I would follow Allan Gardyne's practices instead.

Good luck!

[/quote]
JustBuildIt

Return to James Martell's Methods