Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:05 pm

Chargebacks are for people whose credit cards are used in fraudulent transactions and unauthorized charges. They are not for people who make purchases then want refunds. I suggest that you not recommend unlawful activity. A fraudulent chargeback is illegal.

If one were to be made against our company, we would take appropriate action.
Diane Sullivan

Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:29 pm

Well, I see lots of recommendations for chargebacks in lots of places. I can't argue the legalities. I have never had the need to be able to split hairs.
Your company, apparently, has little regard for customer satisfaction.
blackstone

Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:33 am

I cannot believe what Diane Sullivan has just quoted as their refund policy "Chargebacks are for people whose credit cards are used in fraudulent transactions and unauthorized charges. They are not for people who make purchases then want refunds."

This says it all. Can you imagine how many sign ups they would have if this was stated on their sales page - nill. Yet now she states this as their true policy. So much for building relationships. Also, why does she appear to 'come out swinging' every time? Being agressive in answers and towards customers only makes a situation worse.
msaussieleo

GREAT TO EXPOSE DIANNE AND MR BLAKE

Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:36 am

Sorry to hear others have fallen foul of Justin Blake and his secretary Diane.

I've posted this story on 50+ forums. Perhaps other victims should dop the same and save others.
globalbizz

Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:36 am

Ouch! A quick refund would have been much cheaper for the company.
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:14 pm

I requested my account cancelled the same day I ordered after seeing what I get. It was not for me, maybe for someone else but definitely not for me. I asked for a refund I was told "no" even though they have a 90 day money back guarantee. I am not in the habit for asking for refunds, this is probably the second refund that I have asked for in the past 10 years.

I have filed a complaint with Visa and I encourage others to do the same. I will be getting my money back.

It would have been much easier just to honor the refund.

That chargeback comment cracks me up, lol.

-Rob
divtech

Glad I found this thread

Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:36 pm

The copy for the product was good!. I was almost ready to pull out my wallet. Although I am cautious & do check out things first. Just went to google & typed ----- universityofinternetmarketing.com scam ---- & one result....this forum.

Good stuff. Wallet is still secured back in my pocket. I certainly won't contemplate a purchase of this or any other product from the authors.

Diane, to you I say, keep digging, you will hit China soon. The sensible & honorable act of living up to your guarantee & refunding these folk may be your only saving grace. The internet is a huge place but scammers are never forgotten by some of us.
gobro

I appreciate this very valuable dialogue...

Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:10 pm

I just want to express my appreciation to this forum for allowing this kind of open dialogue to be posted.

I consider this very valuable in weighing the merits of offers such as the one discussed here.

It always gives me pause when I'm offered the "opportunity" to earn money online without the assets generally required to do so.

When I saw this on Jusin's sales letter, my suspect hairs stood upright.

"You do not need a website!
You do not need to know how to write sales letters!
You do not need to know which companies to advertise with!
You do not need to have a list!
You do not need to know how to build a customer list!
You do not need to have any experience!
You do not need to know anything about Internet marketing! "

Anyway, thank you Allan for providing this valuable space.

-Michael
intrue

Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:02 am

Me too. I was going to buy the product but luckily I found this thread. :lol:
jmorgan

It saddens me when I see this type of marketing schemes

Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:52 pm

I have also fallen victim to this and I should have known better.

It just goes to show that chasing the wild dream of internet riches and the trusted names behind certain marketers is still questionable.

So far their complaint system has been removed and there is no way to file a complaint.

Now, the biggest problem remains is that you won't be refunded, and you have to just suffer the loss.

Hey, let's all learn from these type of tactics and do due dillegence before making any purchases online.

That is why it is easy to buy online, but very hard to get a refund.
achiever

Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:14 am

Hi.
I congratulate globalbizz for initiating this thred.
I also was sucked in and joined before I checked anything out. (Inexperienced at Internet money making schemes I afraid) Once I paid and then joined their affiliate programme I was not happy because I believe it is a form of pyramid scheme, which are illegal to participate in here in New Zealand. After a few days, I asked for a refund and you can guess what reply I got. It must be their policy not to refund.

Does anyone agree that the affiliate programme is a pyramid scheme, or what makes one?

To make the $1057.50 per month they say you need to sell 22 pro packs . Those 22 will now have to sell 22 packs the following month and so it goes exponentially up. The min you would have to sell so as not to loose money would be 2 + more to cover advertising. This example probably applies to most affiliate programmes so I may be treading on toes here.
geoff

Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:14 am

According to Wikipedia, a pyramid scheme "is a non-sustainable business model that involves the exchange of money primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, usually without any product or service being delivered".

Normally, affiliate programs are perfectly legal and are not pyramid schemes.
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:16 pm

I have also been a member for a few days, paid $97 and did not get a refund.

Our sales letter clearly states that we are not a get rich quick scheme, that our product will take time and effort, and that if after 90 days of using our system, if we can't make you $1057.50 in residual income, we'll give you all three months of payments back.

This is interesting. I started to think about how this system really worked. I would have to find my own ezines to advertise in (the “system” provided me with ads to use), but I would have to pay hundreds of dollars to do the advertising.

I would not know if the ezines I found where the right ones, because they just told me a way to find related ezines and technique to find out if they had many subscribers or not. Then I would have advertise for 3 months and if that didn?t work I would get my money back. What kind of guarantee is that?

They could just tell me that after 3 months, I hadn?t spent enough money on advertisements, so I could not get my money back. And if I had spent enough money on ads and it didn?t work, would I get the money I had used for advertisments back as well?

To me this is not a guarantee at all. I might spend $500 on advertisements for the three months, and $97 a month on the cost of the membership. Even if I got my money back I would have lost $500 on the advertisements.

Regards,
Jens
omnipend

I don't understand what this is?

Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:40 pm

Couldn't you just join CJ and try to promote something? If you sold some web hosts you could make that with 11 sales if you could if not it was free to join and try something else they have.
buddy16cat

Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:44 pm

Yes I could have joined CJ, but I was curious about what this "new" system was...

And I received an email from Shawn Casey about it, and I thought that
he was someone I could trust.

Jens
omnipend

PreviousNext

Return to Complaint Corner