Adsense with WordPress.com blogs?

Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:16 am

Hi, anyone know if you can add Adsense in free blogs with wordpress.com?

I've tried to search in wordpress.org and the nearest answer is "no, it would be difficult" which seems contradicting as "difficult" would means it's possible?

Regards, Will.
mmo

Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:48 pm

Last I knew (about 2 weeks ago) you couldn't customize your template with Wordpress.com - which means you can't put adsense into your menu or such. You would have to put in the adsense blocks in each article.

This is supposed to be changing, so keep an eye out for updates. I still recommend hosting your own blog. You have full control that way.
edburdo

Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:15 am

Hi,

I don't know if this is helpful but there's a plugin for wordpress that I use that will automatically insert adsense into your wordpress blog for you - right in the content. I use it and find it quite useful.

It can be found here: www.acmetech.com/blog/2005/07/26/adsens ... ss-plugin/

Regards,

Sunshine
Sunshine

Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:58 am

Sunshine wrote:I don't know if this is helpful but there's a plugin for wordpress that I use that will automatically insert adsense into your wordpress blog for you -

Again, that is for WordPress.org (when you install the WP blog on your own domain). Wordpress.com is the hosted version where you have very little options as to what you can do.

So again, host your own blog if you want control over what you can do and what you can say.
edburdo

Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:55 am

edburdo wrote:Last I knew (about 2 weeks ago) you couldn't customize your template with Wordpress.com - which means you can't put adsense into your menu or such. You would have to put in the adsense blocks in each article.

This is supposed to be changing, so keep an eye out for updates. I still recommend hosting your own blog. You have full control that way.

hosting my own blog as in getting your host to download wordpress from wordpress org???
or for hosting to find a blogging that can be customize to your need

thank
willie
williehill

Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:42 am

Willie... option 1.

Find a host and install WP (from wordpress.org). Then you have full control of your blog and can do as you want.
edburdo

Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:00 pm

edburdo wrote:Willie... option 1.

Find a host and install WP (from wordpress.org). Then you have full control of your blog and can do as you want.

if ever your in this end of the woods, give me a hoi and I'll get you a nice cold vb (victoria bitter) beer

thanks
willie
williehill

Re: Adsense with WordPress.com blogs?

Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:44 am

mmo wrote:Hi, anyone know if you can add Adsense in free blogs with wordpress.com?

I've tried to search in wordpress.org and the nearest answer is "no, it would be difficult" which seems contradicting as "difficult" would means it's possible?

Regards, Will.

It's impossible to add adsense adv in wordpress.com blog...
Thats why I'm moving my blog to wblogin.com
danilodelizia

Return to Monetizing Your Blog