What is a blog?

Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:30 pm

I'm still not to sure that I understand what a blog is, what is its use and much less how to make one. Can somebody help me?
heidijazmin

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:01 pm

Blog - is a personal journal - you can write things you think can be interesting for more people and if you have readers they can comment on your posts....
Blogs are recongnized by SE's as a valuable source of information as they usually often updated.
You can open your own free blog at many services such as: blogger.com or blog.com
dondor

Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:28 pm

I too am just starting out and have no clue as to what a blog is and how to start one. Can you help me also?
O.k so correct me if I am wrong a blog is like writing your own article and publishing it or am I way off. :shock: :?:
cmoney

cmoney this is for you...

Thu May 11, 2006 11:46 pm

According to Dictionary.com a blog is: Main Entry: Blog

Definition: an online diary; a personal chronological log of thoughts published on a Web page; also called Weblog, Web log

Example: Typically updated daily, blogs often reflect the personality of the author.

As you read on you will begin to realize how much of a great resource this forum is. There are mountains of information and resources available in just one thread alone.

I can tell you I've spend years compiling reports, e-books, and articles alike. These forums are priceless and I Invite you to barry your head deep into this place and don't look up until you have a good feel for Online and how it operates.

Hope this helps "Cmoney". If you have any questions feel free to email me [email protected]
EricGates

Sat May 13, 2006 7:54 am

heidijazmin wrote:I'm still not to sure that I understand what a blog is, what is its use and much less how to make one. Can somebody help me?

cmoney wrote:I too am just starting out and have no clue as to what a blog is and how to start one. Can you help me also?
O.k so correct me if I am wrong a blog is like writing your own article and publishing it or am I way off. :shock: :?:

Wow! It's 2006 and you two don't know what blogs are? Where have you been? :lol:

-Gregory Tatum
GTatum

Tue May 16, 2006 7:39 am

Might I suggest that you guys take yourselves over to www.blogger.com and take a look at what a blog is all about.

You can create an account in less than 10 minutes and its really easy to do.

Whether or not you decide to proceed with "Blogs" is entirely up to yourselves but at least you will have had the opportunity to create and experience what a blog is about ... and best part its free!

Good luck
Donna
donnah

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:22 pm

Basically blog is like a personal website allows you to write text, upload videos and music. The blogs can be personal or commercial.
nirav

Mon May 03, 2010 12:52 pm

hello,
blog is a personal journal, but one can you it as for promotion basis also, one can generate money from there blog too... just you need is ranking and high PR... that's it..
agraj1

Re: What is a blog?

Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:26 am

heidijazmin wrote:I'm still not to sure that I understand what a blog is, what is its use and much less how to make one. Can somebody help me?

Blog is for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video ...Thats all
Jamian

Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:18 pm

A blog, short form of weblog was originally a type of website. There is a hierarchy of text, images, data and multimedia objects, symmetrically arranged in chronological order and often published their personal thoughts and Web links seen in an HTML browser.
lisabrown01

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:04 pm

A blog is a media form where concise information can be shared in rich format. Content and audience structures vary depending on the specific purpose of the blog, but in most scenarios, a blog tends to run like a newsfeed (is actually a newsfeed and can be accessed in mose cases via RSS feeds).
vanmed

Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:32 am

A blog is an online diary or a personal journal but if you'll to make it for product promotion, you should work on the content that will really interest your targeted reader.
careybaird

Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:30 am

A blog (short for weblog) is a personal online journal that is frequently updated and intended for general public consumption. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Blogs are usually (but not always) written by one person and are updated pretty regularly.
jnsmith0123

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:27 pm

A blog is like a site or portion of a website. Blogs are typically updated by an individual with regular entries comments, descriptions of events or other elements such as graphics or video. Entries are usually displayed in reverse chronological order. Blogs can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog blog.The term is really a shortened version of weblog run, when put together becomes a blog, then become a little more chopped blog. The origin of the word you can just say a blog is a weblog.
cherylfoster

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:44 am

Blog is personal website or you can host it at the free websites. You can write your views and things to whom you are really interesting. Blog is the part of web2.0 which is really great network for marketing.
backpacker

Next

Return to Blogging For Beginners