How can I monetize my Thailand blog? (ideas?)

Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:25 pm

Hi friends,

I, like many of you, wish to monetize my blogs more. Obviously I can't tell you how much I earn currently with adwords, but let's just say, I do appreciate it, but it's not quite enough. :-)

So I'm wondering if you might have any suggestions for me. Maybe there's something you can see that I can't.

Eventually the press release, writing an article or two, posting on forums etc will get done... But in the meanwhile, what do you think..?

http://homebusinessonline.blogspot.com/
http://white-ape-in-thailand.blogspot.com/

These two blogs attract people but I only really get small traffic from my own ezine list notification and some organic search engine traffic.

I'm looking for some alternative ideas here...

Thanks...

Martin
Thailand
hurleypix

Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:27 pm

I would suggest that you get your OWN domain and use professional blogging software such as WP. Blogger style blogs are good for 'personal blogs' but not really suitable for business blogs. It would be the same as a company using a Hotmail email address. Not very appropriate. Thats not to say you can't monetize a blogger blog.

Whenever I come across a Blogger blog my inclination is to click away no matter how good the information may be. My thoughts are if this person cannot be bothered to get his/her own domain name why should I take them seriously? If you are serious about making money from blogging you should at least get your own domain name and project the image of someone who is serious.
Declan OReilly

Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:43 pm

Hello hurleypix,

I agree with Oreilly, you should get your own domain and change bloging software. You can use free software like wordpress or professional services. You can find out more information about blogging software at problogger.net .

There are two types of traffic: paid and free.
You can get free traffic by optimizing your pages, submiting your weblog into various directories and writing original content, that can get inbound links.
You can get paid traffic by using adwords or other PPC, buying links at other sites. Buying links is one of the best strategie, because it attracts visitors and increases your search engine ranking. If your site gets inbound links from high page rank site, your search engine ranking will increase.Inbound links is one of the main factors that determines your search engine position. If you want to buy links, click on image in my signature and use free 100 $ for advertising.

You can monetize your blog using adsense, chitika and selling text link ads on your site. If you want to sell text link ads, click on image in my signature.

I hope hurleypix, that my post will help you to develop better blog and monetize your traffic.
KingOfTheHill

Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:45 pm

Hi Martin,

Here are a few other suggestions for monetizing your blog and getting more traffic...

- Submit your blog to blog directories & regular directories
- Exchange links with other bloggers who are in the same niche
- Post in various forums related to the niche of each blog and add your link to your sig

You could also add some affiliate links/graphics as an alternative source of income. Sign up with PayDotCom, Clickbank, Commission Junction and Tradedoubler. The latter two have lots of travel related affiliate programs.

Cheers,
Suzanne
suzannem

Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:08 am

In order to monetize your blog you need traffic and in order to get traffic you shall not underestimate the power of RSS. I think that your blog has an RSS feed (if it does not you are missing out tremendously) so here are few tips on how to get traffic through your RSS feed:

1. Make it easy for your readers to subscribe to your feed. You can add news reader button such as My Yahoo, Newsgator... or a universal RSS/XML button that will allow your readers to add your feed to the RSS reader of their choice.

2. Make it easy for your readers to re-syndicate your content. If you post quality content on your blog many people will be willing to display your RSS feed on their own site. But not everyone is a geek so the less work for them the better for you. By allowing users to publish your RSS feeds on their site you will increase yout traffic, content visibility, search engine positionning (online if you use the right syndication tools).

Hope this will help you increase you revenu

Good luck

Rodolps
rodolps

Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:19 pm

Hi Martin,
I just sent you a PM! :D
Heidi Sturrock

Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:17 pm

We have Thailand Friend Search program. This program would be great for your site. Check us out at Affiliatebot.
ronaldmarva

Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:26 am

I think you can also use some translation affiliate program. Babylon Dictionary and Translation comes to mind and they also have free translation bar that you can place in your blog.
ronaldmarva

Return to Monetizing Your Blog