Affiliate Buzz

Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:15 am

I've been a subscriber to the Affiliate Buzz for probably 18 months and it seems to be getting less and less informative over the last few episodes.

I'm curious if anyone else is finding this same thing, or have I just been listening long enough that I've heard most of what JM has to share?

I hesitate to cancel it just because I keep expecting something more, but it seems to be 50% casual conversation that doesn't really offer me any benefit.
flexprimo

Re: Affiliate Buzz

Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:12 am

flexprimo,

flexprimo wrote:I've been a subscriber to the Affiliate Buzz for probably 18 months and it seems to be getting less and less informative over the last few episodes.

I'm curious if anyone else is finding this same thing, or have I just been listening long enough that I've heard most of what JM has to share?

I hesitate to cancel it just because I keep expecting something more, but it seems to be 50% casual conversation that doesn't really offer me any benefit.

I believe you are very perceptive about Affiliate Buzz. Seems to have moved away from the meat and potatoes to the desert. I wanted the meat, not the fluffy stuff so I cancelled.

Bob
skyblue1

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:12 pm

I've always thought it was a little heavy on the motivational and personal chatty stuff, but usually I take away one or two gold nuggets from every episode. I wish they made transcripts available online so I could just read it though. I read much faster than they can talk.
rlray216

Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:33 am

If JM & co already know their rate of new subs and the typical subscription length, then they may be hitting the right sweet spot for that part of their biz...
And those customers that are getting indigestion will simply unsubscribe.

As OP mentioned, I also could speed read the transcripts very quickly but not too worried they are not available, as I listen to the show during my subway commute.

Anyone feel motivated enough to ask JM helpdesk for transcripts?

(I can see it now - the "Big Buzz", for 19.95 you get the transcripts, the MP3s and a chance to enter a draw. 1st prize - wash cobra once; 2nd prize - wash it twice etc. I do like JM's style so a wee geg (joke) is fair value.)
cruthin

Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:19 pm

rlray216 wrote:I wish they made transcripts available online so I could just read it though. I read much faster than they can talk.

Oh yeah! You're talking my language.

I have a one-track mind. I tend to concentrate totally on one thing at a time. I can do that if it's written down. Also, if it's written down, I can easily go over and over the parts I think I most important. I can stare at the words and let the concepts sink in. Audio just doesn't work well for me.

People learn in different ways - by seeing, by hearing, by doing. When stuff is written down, it's easy to pick your own pace.

If the Buzz was audio and visual, it would be a stronger learning and motivational tool, I reckon.
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:14 pm

i just subscribed to affiliate buzz. can you recommend more websites to learn about affiliate marketing?
RepoDirect

Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:52 am

nyone feel motivated enough to ask JM helpdesk for transcripts?
KellyAnny

Return to James Martell's Methods