Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:28 pm

If you browse aWeber's website - http://www.aweber.com - they have some free articles for the best days of the week, time of day, etc. to send an email message.

They also mentioned that if you put in the current date and the receivers name in the subject line you'll get more opening the messages.
robertb

Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:17 am

Challenges in Getting the Email Opened

I think these are the challenges when your market using email:
  • Making sure the email gets delivered - spam list, etc
  • Making sure the email gets opened - subject line and from
  • Making sure the email gets read - copywriting

Now, I think I've read something about no 2 and 3. But no 1 ... I know about eFilterate.com but have never tried them before. Some might say, just use Aweber, etc ... any experience?
kidino

To get your email open...

Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:53 am

Hi Folks,

I have found your posts very interesting. Reading them have made me remember what I have learned about the subject.

There are important qualities your subject title must have to get your email opened.

1) Start with the subject first.

2) Personalizing your subject title is the key!

3) Make your subject title "Official".
ex. ?Paul, one question about your request,?

4) Involve your reader.
Ask a question involving your reader.
ex. "Peter, what's in your schedule for the next Sunday night??

5) Maintain a serious focus on your objective.

Last thing. Observe what motivates you for opening a particular email instead of others. It could give you some lead to think about.

Success be with you.
raymon

Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:17 am

Posting their name on the subject line is one way to get noticed. But nowadays, even spammers have began using this strategies.

The problem now is that spammers are getting complicated and have been adapting to changes. It would only be a matter of time before this trick would be that effective.
ronaldmarva

Tue May 01, 2007 5:58 pm

I have read, that one should only include the name, when it fits to the subject line. Not always.

Has anyone tested this?
Andyz

Sun May 13, 2007 12:46 am

Getting people to open your e-mails is very hard.

Since there are a lot of competition. There are a lot of other marketers that had found a way to get in to your subscriber e-mail too.

So you must concentrate on giving useful info everytime you send an email.

You just can start to send promotion after promotion, because subscribers opt for your newsletter or ezine looking for useful information to help him solve a problem.

If you really want your subscriber to open your e-mail instead of your competiion, you must balanmce good information with useful resources (your affiliate links).

This ia the most important point to remenber. Subscriber want to learn to solve a problem, but needs to know for sure that you really care for them, and not that you want to profit just from them.
Melvin Gonzalez

Thu May 17, 2007 12:37 am

Here are some more points:

- make the reader curious for the next mail!

- an ecourse can be a good thing (I think so), because the reader wanted something specific from it, and so it is likely he wants to read every mail.

- give him valuable gifts from time to time (and tell him in the first mail!)
Andyz

Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:47 am

Tell your readers a little in your headline, just enough so they will want to continue to read what you have to say.

I don't like long email either or graphics or emails daily those I unsubscribe right away. Once a week is good if the content is good I will continue to read.

good luck

Michelle
uniquelyyours

Best Email Open Rate

Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:58 am

I've just read a great blog post about how to get your messages opened: http://pvreymond.com/stair/?p=73

I think, that's the most important thing without doubt.
Andyz

Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:46 am

So, this trick works mean little to increase the rate of actual reading? It seems reasonable, though. They learn they want to read your emails. It is an understatement. But it seems like it might work. I'll give it a try.
jamesnwally

Text them

Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:05 am

Mobile marketing has a much better open rate. You might check out yeptext.

Instead of asking for an email, tell them to text "someword" to "your#". They'll read a text. I guarantee it.
nauert

Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:11 pm

Your emails must be interesting enough for them to click on your website link...They musn't be too much "in your face."
kaz

Previous

Return to List Building and Newsletters