feedback

Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:04 am

Thanks for all of the feedback. After reading all of the replies, I realize that I just have to change my strategy.
linx

Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:20 am

My question is since my audience is positioned in an ethnic market (India), but most of my visitors come from all over the world (indians in different countries). do i have to adapt a different strategy when promoting kitchenware, books etc?
deadlyminds

Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:48 am

deadlyminds wrote:My question is since my audience is positioned in an ethnic market (India), but most of my visitors come from all over the world (indians in different countries). do i have to adapt a different strategy when promoting kitchenware, books etc?

I am in exactly the same situation, only on the different side of the equation. I am a merchant, selling partially ethnic gifts, partially products for everyday use (but still with an "ethnic accent"). What I see my recipe affiliate doing is gearing his whole "store" (at his recipe site) towards that "ethnic" line. Seems to work wonderfully for him.

Geno
Geno

Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:59 am

could you give me your affiliate's website address, may be i could pick up some tips?
deadlyminds

Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:20 am

deadlyminds wrote:could you give me your affiliate's website address, may be i could pick up some tips?

I am sorry, but it is not our policy to give away our affiliates' URLs.

If you do your search around the Internet, it is not that hard to find (considering the niche we're talking about), tho'. ;)

Geno
Geno

Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:41 pm

Thats alright, i'll do a bit of digging. I only wanted to know how he directs his vistors to your site. Can he found on google?
As far as my site, i have zero affiliate links and my only income is thru adsense. I'am little apprehensive as to whther my site visitors, who come searching for a particular recipe or recipes would be willing to convert or purchase. Do i write seperate articles rather than recipes and then recommend merchant programs or do i direct them to affiliate websites through the recipe page itself?

---------edited to add more-----

I found his site, it's pretty good and well ranked in the SEs. What is the average conversion rate? and is it not a disadvantage when he has only shopping datefeeds and who are his customers; vistors from only Russia or other countries as well?
deadlyminds

Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:29 pm

Good for you (that you found him)!

Visitors mostly from the US. Conversions as high as 8%.

Geno
Geno

Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:34 am

thats a high conv rate. By the way can anybody suggest me some Indian shopping merchants; its really hard to find them..
deadlyminds

Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:11 am

deadlyminds wrote:thats a high conv rate. By the way can anybody suggest me some Indian shopping merchants; its really hard to find them..

Try searching by exact keywords (e.g. "India rugs") and you'll be surprised how many merchants you will find...

Good luck to you with it!

Geno
Geno

Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:23 pm

tried hard to find an Indian affiliate with datafeeds, however i found 3 or 4 very good sites which fall within my sites category, but the most they offer is a banner or a text link directed at thier home page and not individual product links. I'am really at a loss here. Would it be advisable if i tie up with mechants like cooking.com and other general merchants who are into cookbooks and kitchenware. If i promote these merchants, would i be not targeting my ethinc market, rather a general audience?
deadlyminds

Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:56 pm

With the lack of the "ethnic" merchants you're stating, you might as well go with the general ones. I don't see anything wrong with this...

Geno
Geno

Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:14 pm

But will that convert well into sales?
deadlyminds

Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:09 pm

deadlyminds wrote:But will that convert well into sales?

deadlyminds (sorry, but you have still not introduced yourself), if affiliates knew what would convert into sales right away, they would just do that one or two things. As in any business, you gotta learn by trial and experiments...

Good luck!

Geno
Geno

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:25 am

You can call me deadlyminds I guess i 'll have to tinker and tweak and wait for things to happen. Anyway, thanks for your advice and support. I know it's nearly impossible to predict what converts, but i wanted to know from others who joined this discussion what worked for them..
Last edited by deadlyminds on Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deadlyminds

Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:01 pm

deadlyminds wrote:Sorry, i didn't introduce myself to you; I'am roshan from bangalore,India. I guess i 'll have to tinker and tweak and wait for things to happen. Anyway, thanks for your advice and support...

My pleasure, Roshan. ;)

Geno
Geno

PreviousNext

Return to Affiliate Data Feeds