How to prevent copy a text or photos?

Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:00 am

How can I prevent anyone from copying any text or photo from my website? I want to show a pop message says ?Don?t Copy? when any one tried to copy any text or photo from my web site.
Thank you
raad2005

Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:57 am

Do a search for "disable right click". There are a number of sources for this.

Jim
Jim Guinn

disable right click

Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:25 am

That will only stop computer newbs from lifting your work. Most right-click disablers don't work, cause if you hold down the left click mouse and then right click while holding down left click, it overrides the disable right click script, most of them, some this doesnt work. Also, all you have to do is select all the text and go to edit>copy and then just paste in notepad or whatever.

If I were you, I would protect images by putting a watermark on them, if they are your original work. And if you want to protect your text, use one of those copy protection sites where you can search for other sites that are using your text verbatim.
k0unt_zer0

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:53 pm

You have questions? Make a Google search. You ask, they help.

And if to be honest, why don't you want people copy your pics?
Brooke

Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:03 am

When java script is turned off or in Firefox it doesn't work too. It's really so easy, if yomeone WANTS to copy the picture or something, he will do it.

There's also the possibility to show photos not a files but from a script in a way that you can't save them, so as streaming videos or so. I saw that on a art photo page. OK yu can still make a screenshot maybe, haven't tried that but it will stop many people to copy the photos.
Andyz

Thu May 03, 2007 9:34 am

Search for disable right click. Javascript has not been reliable because it can be circumvented from the browser. Also FF does not seem to work well with the JS right click disable.
craigslistguy

Thu May 03, 2007 7:58 pm

You can't!

Show me any protected site and I can still get the images. If they display I can get them.

You can slow down and deter many but you can not stop them.

Your best bet is to scale them at a size that makes them useless to print.

Copyright them right on the image and imbed the copyright within the image itself.

Put your URL right on the image in a spot that makes cutting it out ruin the image, but without distracting from the image so much. This allows you to promote your stuff - and the theives will want the images less. Those who want to buy them can do so legally, but the hidden copyright will still be embedded.

Other than that you will go to a lot of hassle and have no real benefit.

Use the theft to your advantage.
InternetMarketing_IQ

Thu May 03, 2007 11:09 pm

Also, all someone has to do is hit the print screen key on the keyboard and paste into photoshop/image program, crop it, and save as a .jpg or whatever... so, going out of your way to stop them is pointless.

You can prevent them from stealing bandwidth via some code in your .htaccess file, but other than that there really isn't much point.
k0unt_zer0

Fri May 04, 2007 5:17 am

You can watermark the images if that's applicable. There is a free program called HTML Lock which can do that for you. You can find it in my sig file. ; )
shemm

print screen the destroyer!

Fri May 23, 2008 9:30 pm

With this option, there is no way
we can save our pics from being clone
by other people.

So sad.. T_T
Bizmind

Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:40 am

There are lots of right click disable scripts around but if someone is really determined it will not stop them so a much better solution is putting your url on the image somewhere.
Blackgreen

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:04 pm

Picasa is the best software to editing of the images as per my opinion a rudimentary copyright notice when you upload photos to add text. If you open your photo album, they can be copied. You can put your public albums Highlights each day and put into a private album really good photos. If you want to use your private photos portfolio looking for work, you send inviation, to let people know, politely, they are by invitation only and requires that they do not forward the invitation to others without your permission.
eddieparker

Thu May 12, 2011 3:23 am

If you use Wordpress blog, this is great plug-in that meet your need: Blog Protector Final.
PatriciaStewart

Mon May 30, 2011 5:32 am

If you own the images,consider using a watermark say along the edge where it will still allow users to enjoy your images.Picasa is the best software to editing of the images as per my opinion a rudimentary copyright notice when you upload photos to add text.
chrisastle

Tue May 31, 2011 12:45 pm

If what you're trying to protect is you own work of art, then I suggest that you put a copyright notice to all of your pictures. Just post a copyright section on your website or place it as a caption for each and every photograph in order to let everyone know that the images are your intellectual property. If what you're trying to protect is your personal images, there are so many approaches to achieve it. You may visit this site to know some other options to do so... webresourcesdepot.com/10-ways-to-protect-images-from-being-stolen/
charlenej

Next

Return to Web Hosting