Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:19 am

Anonymous wrote:...Can you tell me whether Wordpress is free to use and is it in any way better than blog?
Yes, Wordpress is open source, so its free to use. And Wordpress is a blogging platform.

Can you optimise the bloggs to rank well in search engines?
Definitely yes! As the way blogs are structured, it is easy to optimize for the search engines, and also to rank well too ;-)

I am wondering if it would be better to have a website because I don't really want to have to keep posting messages on a regular basis. What do you think?
Andrea, you can post as often or as irregular as you'd like. It's your blog/site. I personally should be blogging more often on my own personal site but there's so much involved now in my business ones (in my sig file below) that I have been tardy on the personal. However, I'll get back to it. See?! You don't have to post all the time, its just when you have something of value to add ;-)

The cool thing about blogging, is you can be at an internet cafe, log in to your blog online, post and publish, and you're done. You could blog a picture, a video, a text paragraph or two, or a combination of the above - without the need to have your site building software etc like Dreamweaver and all that ;-)
Last edited by shermanhu on Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
shermanhu

Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:49 am

Andrea,
A brief note that when I created the blog forums, I forgot to restrict them to members only. Watch that you are logged in next time as I'm about to shut out "guest" messages.

Wally Morgan - Moderator
administrator
Site Admin

Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:43 pm

you can add meta tag in blogs by editing template is it true ?
topaffiliateprogram

Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:58 pm

you can add meta tag in blogs by editing template is it true ?

YUP In wordpress that is easy....
with blogger You can do that too.. but you need to take a little bit extra care.
Varun
varunpratap

Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:02 am

I know that wordpress allows multi-users, i'e many users can contribute, has anyone implemented this in thier blogs?
deadlyminds

Fri May 19, 2006 1:39 am

You can add users to your wordpress and they all can make posts according to their permissions. I never really got to use that feature.

Which file is the wordpress template? Does anyone know?
L:exa

Thu May 25, 2006 2:50 am

varunpratap wrote:

The only thing you can do is change layout and basic blogger template. that's it.
Varun Pratap

Does this mean that some templates on blogger allow meta tags?

And if not, why metatags can't be added? I've recently added ad adsence code ( But I was simply following their guidance copy/paste stuff) so one can change their template.

I was suprised to see someone got marked as spam for putting metatags. I was thinking of adding metatags on my blog personally, but I kept putting it off because I update my blog regulary during the day, so adding metatags all the time would have been tiering job.

Do u suggest I try to add metatags, or do all agree that it's a futile effort?
tttheq

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:00 am

I have made my personal blog in word press and put some keyword with uniques title tag.I have also submit in webmaster tool and analytics but my site not getting good traffic so please tell me solution ?
jonemartine

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:07 am

If you want to make seo for a site then make all kind of onpage and off page techniques with organic way and generate backlink in the search engine.you also use fresh content over the page because duplicate content will not crawl by google.
jonemartine

Previous

Return to Promoting Your Blog