Anyone use MegaGoods.com for dropshipping?

Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:11 am

I am curious if anyone uses megagoods dot com for their dropshipper? Please feel free to express your opinions good and bad abou them. I want to learn more about them and get a feel for them before I send any business their way.
k0unt_zer0

Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:23 am

I am still wondering about these guys, can anyone tell me if they are a real dropshipper or one of those "middlemen" that pretend? I have too many bills right now to afford worldwidebrands subscription, so I cant look them up in there yet. Thanks for any info on these guys.
k0unt_zer0

Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:38 am

MegaGoods.com sucks man!

I used them and it was horrible... they never answer emails or phone calls.

I put in orders and was put into pending authorization for 2 weeks even after I faxed them the required drivers license and credit card copies. A week after that I decided to cancel my orders because I had to give refunds to my customers.

A week later they send my orders out to my customers that I had given refunds to.... I emailed, called and left emergency messages telling them to cancel shipments.

No response.

When the phones showed up after much crap... they turned out to have European chargers.

Most of the stuff they sell is crap anyway. Refurbished stuff... you have to watch the items page to see if it says refurbished. Its not even good refurbished stuff. Its the second rate refurbished stuff. With scratches and marks on them.

Check out my eBay post on it with picture of their "adapter" to make the european charger work.

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?threadID=1000197920

I have already filed two complaints with the Better Business Bureau against them and they even lied to them saying I never sent emails or called and the only message I sent was on January 4th... a week after my cancelled order email to them... and I have proof. I kept all emails.

They suck.. stay away from them. They charge you $15 a month for their crappy service and all you will get is negative feedback from customers on ebay and tons of emails bitching about the quality of product and how long it took to ship.
koiphish

Megagoods.com

Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:44 pm

koiphish,

Thanks! I totally had an uneasy gut feeling about them especially the longer I looked at them, but I forgot about BBBonline, I should have checked there, I will from now on! ha ha. Do you have any legit dropshippers? If so, are they from worldwidebrands or did you find good ones somewhere else?

Have a good day,

-Kzer0

Edit: I forgot to add, I read somewhere, probably Chirs Malta's site, that if a dropshipper has a monthly fee, AVOID them. He says real dropshippers do NOT have membership fees. I didnt know Megagoods had a monthly fee, I guess I didnt look hard enough! I read your eBay post, and that is a nightmare situation I do NOT want to step in, one advice I read somewhere, was to email the dropshipper BEFORE you sign up and find out how fast they reply to emails and what their tech/support is like and that will give you an idea if they are dependable or not. (well, it would help)

Edit of the edit (lol): koiphish, why is your eBay feedback private? Wont that cast a shadow of doubt or mistrust with potential buyers?
k0unt_zer0

Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:47 am

I stopped looking for dropshippers. It was too much trouble.

As for the private feedback, I used my personal account to sell these phones and it has tons of stuff I have purchased over time (mainly for christmas). I had a customer email me saying I've bought this and that and he knows I have money so issue a refund to him asap even after I informed him I was awaiting a refund for the product from Megagoods. So now I prefer to keep my purchases private.

Plus once the others are refunded and I tell them I can't deliver the phones, A ton of negative feedback will follow.

I already received a neutral comment telling customers to avoid me.

Next time I will create a business eBay account and leave my personal one just that... personal.
koiphish

Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:46 pm

Chris Malta says that if they have a fee, then they are probably middleman. Not guaranteed.

I have dealt with two drop shippers who have a fee. One very minor ($20 or so) the other rather high ($300). Both are the original source, and both are very good. Good support, fast shipment and fast order processing.

The $300 deal comes with a lot of extras (web hosting, lots of training materials, etc). And you can earn your $300 back after you place $XX.00 worth of orders (can't remember the exact amount).

I found yet to get scammed or hurt by a drop shipper. I have even dealt with some middle-men who still had some of the best prices and excellent support. Two of the drop shippers I use/used are found in the Drop Ship Source Directory. The rest I found via word-of-mouth or from searching and researching.
edburdo

Megagoods.com

Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:26 am

Just wanted to put in my 2 cents. I have been dealing with megagoods for quite a while, i faxed in my paperwork, and within 24 hours I was authorized to dropship, since then i have sold hundreds of products on ebay and yahoo with no problems, all my customer have been happy. Mega Goods is not a bad store. check out www.bbb.org and type in megagoods.com, youll see that they are praised by them, they even have the torch beside there name. Dont bad mouth them, you have to work to make money, I'm happy and make plenty of money, but i still work 6-10 hours per day! :D
NickDuDe

Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:43 am

I like how the last two post went from Jan 21 to Dec 12, but back to why I'm posting is I'm so tired of seeing people post how they have great dropshippers, but never want to name names. I can understand trying to protect your interest, but really do you think 1 or 2 more people will kill your business?
NWO

Business

Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:14 am

We and they dont post there name of there company's because its not just 1 or 2 people that wil find out, If it was i would have no problem, its the fact that hundreds of thousands of people have access to this and ne one can see it, thats the competition I dont want!
At first when i was trying to get started I hated that ppl wouldnt post there names of there companys so i know how you feel, but now that I did my homework and worked hard to find my suppliers I now know why people dont release there secrets!
NickDuDe

Megagoods.com and GetEstore.com - Scam

Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:50 am

Please beware everyone!!! Steve Shklovskiy under the alias of Steve Blinder has been arrested before for Internet Fraud and currently is under investigation by FBI for stealing and selling people?s identities.

Steve Shklovskiy under the alias of Steve Blinder is the owner of Megagoods.com and Getestore.com. Steve Shklovskiy has been arrested before for Internet Fraud. If you don?t believe me check out these links:

1) http://www.networkworld.com/news/2001/0104spambust.html
2) http://www.itworld.com/Comp/1255/NWW115162_01-08-2001/
3) http://www.out-law.com/page-1277

Steve Shklovskiy aka Steve Blinder sells your personal information to crooks. If your personal information has been stolen or compromised please contact:

FBI Internet Fraud Complaint Center. The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)
mcquire

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:04 pm

I wish I had done more research before signing up with Megagoods.

I used Megagoods for a while because I didn't know any better.... Even fell for their "elite membership" fee which the company presents as non-refundable but I will probably challenge.

The problem with megagoods is that they absolutely milk the shipping. Packages that weigh less than a pound when shipped by any other retailer, shows up as 2 or 3 pound weights. They also ONLY ship w/FedEx which can get costly, even on their ground service. They also make it clear that unless you request a signature (for an additional $3.00 per shipping) you can't claim a loss. I suppose that is kindda fair but there is also a $1.50 drop-shipping fee - where they are charging you $14.95/mo for exactly that - drop shipping. By the time all the shipping charges were added, it was cheaper in most instances to walk into my local Wal-Mart, buy the darned thing at retail, pay the state tax and ship it my way.

All in all, in my experience the only ripoff is the shipping costs. If you can live with that, their pricing is OK - not nearly good mind you, but workable. It's the shipping charges that they'll skin you with and hang you out to dry.

So my advice as someone who has experienced them first hand: Stay away unless you can stick your customer with all the shipping charges they stick you with.
rmd2k2

no way

Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:53 am

I agree man. Very unreliable they are.
bqe1212

I dont like it

Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:17 am

Actually i don't know about that but i looked site that is ok i didn't like it .
veventoangel

Fri May 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Dropshipping is all about this. It is really hard to find good, trustworthy dropshipper. And when you find one, there is already someone to work with them in your country, and they decline :D .
Animoney

Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:44 pm

Ideally your dropshipper shouldn't be that well known that your competition could find out where you are getting your goods and start outpricing you
dagaul101

Next

Return to General Affiliate Discussion