May I see your Site?

Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:22 pm

I have been hearing about how JM step by step method works. I also have been reading this site and hearing how people like the method.

Also, I just purchased the book and look forward to using it as a tool to improve my sites and build more :wink:

Could someone please forward me a link or two to their JM sites so I can see what one looks like after following the method?

Thanks,

PS. I am not looking to impose on your niche, I have plenty of niche ideas and sites ready to drop. I just want to make sure I layout my site for max profitablity, thats why I purchased the book.
JMMKTENT

Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:20 am

Jeremy

Thanks

Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:08 am

Thanks Jeremy

the site looks good. Yours is one of the first that I have seen with the navigation on the right. Do you find that this works better than on the left?

How long has it been a JM site? I noticed that you have had 1st boards for a few years. Did you convert it to a JM site or build it from scratch?

Also, with no specifics please, how does it perform for you? There was no PR or Alexa info for me look at.

I appreciate you letting me see your site.
JMMKTENT

Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:39 pm

This is James Martell's site not mine.
Last edited by Jeremy on Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy

Re: Thanks

Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:28 pm

JMMKTENT wrote: one of the first that I have seen with the navigation on the right. Do you find that this works better than on the left?

Most of James Martell's sites put it on the right; I've done the same on my sites. Visitors eyes generally start in the upper left corner - right where the Adsense block now is. :wink:

Test it out for yourself site by site to make sure you're increasing clicks.
robertb

Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:47 pm

Congrats on launching your new site Robert! Looks great :)
Andrea Thomson

Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:48 pm

Hi JMMKTENT,

I usually buy my own templates. My last 3 sites
have the menu on the right. It works fine.

Choose keywords that have less competition
when you first start writing articles, you'll get
traffic faster.

Plus submit an article or 2 to
some article directories and link back
to your site. You'll get indexed within a week.
Jeremy

James Martell

Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:04 am

alexa.com/data/details/?url=www.1st-in-boards.com/

I dont understand those stats.... it says his site is 1.1 million most visited.... which sounds very bad to me... and it says only 3 sites link to his... is this a brand new site or does James Martell's methods... well "suck"?
k0unt_zer0

Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:54 am

Word of advice.... unless you're talking about EXTREMELY popular websites, Alexa is notoriously inaccurate.
robertb

Alexa

Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:57 am

robertb wrote:Word of advice.... unless you're talking about EXTREMELY popular websites, Alexa is notoriously inaccurate.

I didnt know that, thanks for this info, I will definetly keep this in mind from now on. Do you know a good way to judge if the Alexa info for a perticular site is accurate or not? Or is it just the top 50,000 or so that are fairly accurate?
k0unt_zer0

Re: Alexa

Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:30 am

k0unt_zer0 wrote:Do you know a good way to judge if the Alexa info for a perticular site is accurate or not? Or is it just the top 50,000 or so that are fairly accurate?

I think that as you get higher in the Alexa ranks it becomes more meaningful, but even then it's no guarantee.

I'm pretty sure there have been some other discussions on this forum about the relative merits of Alexa - you'll probably find some if you do a search.

In a nutshell, the problem I have with Alexa is that the traffic is measured via people who have the toolbar installed. In my (admittedly unscientific, purely seat-of-the-pants :D) experience, the majority of the people who have the toolbar installed are involved in internet marketing in some way or another. This tends to skew the rankings towards sites that cater to the IM crowd.

I've managed to get a site that had almost no traffic (1 or 2 people per day) into the low 300,000's just by visiting the home page once a day myself for about a month, so I don't think anything above 300,000 means much.
John Lenaghan

Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:15 am

Hi All -

John, maybe you know the answer to this Alexa question.

Do you know what qualifies a site to fit into the Alexa section "People who visit this page also visit:"

Just curious what the criteria is for this -

Cheers,

Andrea
Andrea Thomson

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:28 am

Hi Andrea,

The way I understand it is the related links are derived from the data collected by the toolbar. If someone is on site A and they click off to site B, it is tracked by Alexa. If a lot of people go from site A to site B, it will rise to the top of the "people who visit this page also visit" list.

This page explains how related links are determined:

http://pages.alexa.com/exec/faqsidos/he ... l?index=19

I like your new affordable templates. The choice of menu alignment is pretty cool :D

John
John Lenaghan

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:31 am

Hi John -

Thanks - I had a feeling you would know :lol:

And, thanks on the template feedback... lots more of these to follow.
I'm rolling out more of these 'affordable' templates in the upcoming days.

Cheers,

Andrea
Andrea Thomson

Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:48 am

Andrea,

I have to compliment you on your templates as well! I bought one in 2004 with the intentions of completing James's manual. Well, I got side tracked with some issues and I am now picking the manual back up. I will definitely be ordering some more templates in the near future. They are more amazing than ever!

Keep up the great work!

Joshua C.
KidGuko

Return to James Martell's Methods