Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:25 pm

So why articles? Why does that earn more? I'm just wondering, because my first site is all for myspace layouts and contact tables, etc, and I'm adding on pages full of those things. I don't know what i'd write about, when people are just going there to find layouts... Does having a zillion pages of layouts/contact table/backgrounds/whatever count towards the 200+ pages I'd need?
spiritfild

Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:19 am

In the end - searchers need a way to find you.

New York City has millions of people walking by stores... it's the buyers who put money in the pocket.

If you're selling graphics and layouts people need to find them.

close your eyes and paint a word picture of what you're promoting [ that's what you can write about.
speedguide

Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:06 am

It's more about the usefulness of your pages.

I have one page that makes $500/day - Others generate $1/day.

Rather than focussing on the number of pages turn your attention to the quality of the page.

Tip: Find the $1/day pages and turn them into $500/day pages by focussing on top notch information.

Give your focus to the visitor experience and you will be pleasantly surprised with how few pages you actually need to do well.

Hope that helps a bit ;)

Colin
Colin McDougall

Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:07 am

Ditto Colin... once you have traffic maximize the traffic.
speedguide

Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:31 am

Then maximize it some more :)

And so on...
Colin McDougall

Quality, usefulness, and usability...

Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:28 pm

Colin McDougall wrote:It's more about the usefulness of your pages.

I have one page that makes $500/day - Others generate $1/day.

Rather than focussing on the number of pages turn your attention to the quality of the page.

Tip: Find the $1/day pages and turn them into $500/day pages by focussing on top notch information.

Give your focus to the visitor experience and you will be pleasantly surprised with how few pages you actually need to do well.

Hope that helps a bit ;)

Colin

I just read Colin's book along with Steve Krug's "Don't Make Me Think" - one of the best books on Web Usability I've read (and one that understands there doesn't have to be a conflict between a good user experience and direct marketing tactics).Alon

I think a year ago i really got turned on to "overoptimization penalties" from some of Brad Fallon's stuff, and now I think alot of the SEO "gurus" are veering off the side of the track, while people who build useful, usable sites are going to be the long-term winners.

You can't imagine what a huge relief it is to just focus on building useful, usable content. I've already seen my profits from one site become much more consistent by doing so.

I'm not saying there isn't a place for path-analysis, taguchi-testing, etc....i still do that, but the broad-sweep doesn't have to be as complicated as some would have you believe.

Paul
PaulMS

Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:38 pm

This is actually a little trickier than you might think....

At a very base level your content needs to be something people are actually interested in. This may sound simplistic..but, if you put up a rocking page on green candle holders....how much traffic can you get? (I speak from experience, wow)

Provide the best content to an actual demand.
fastcart14

A page can make you a million dollars

Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:44 pm

It's not the number of pages, it's the quality of content, the idea behind the page and even the concept that brings in the big bucks.

Here is a page that made a million bucks.

http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/index-orig.php
yourreviewer

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:17 pm

I'm so glad I stumbled across this thread. It's difficult to find good adsense information on the web. It's interesting that some people on here say that for every page of content you can earn up to $2 per month. Does this still hold true today (2011)? If so, how long does it normally take to reach those numbers, assuming you are constantly adding new content? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
teebradford

Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:09 am

Hi teebradford, any estimates of that sort are going to be very, very rough.

Sorry if I'm telling you stuff you already know, but it's the TRAFFIC that's important - much more important than the number of pages. You're likely to attract more traffic when you build more pages, but only if you've got good links to your site. So there's no point in concentrating all your attention on creating more pages. If you've got a reasonable sized site, you might just happen to increase your revenue faster if you concentrated your attention on getting more good links to your site. But do both.

As a VERY rough guide, for every 100 visitors a day you get, a beginner might expect to earn $100 a month from AdSense and affiliate programs. So 1,000 visitors a day might earn you $1,000 a month. That's a fairly conservative estimate, and results vary extremely wildly depending on the niche, your experience, etc. Some earn less, some earn much more.
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:55 pm

Allan,

I appreciate the helpful response. You make a great point, which is ironic because I was thinking about this very thing earlier today. I initially started with the mindset of more content more content...And although having lots of good content is important, so is the backlinking/SEO element. Thanks for the reminder.

Brad.
teebradford

Previous

Return to James Martell's Methods