Avoid hostprince.com hosting at all costs

Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:21 pm

If you're smart you will not do business with hostprince.com hosting. Their hosting services are unreliable and they don't honor their refund policy. Hope this saves someone some money. My loss is your gain hopefully.
asdfgh

Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:53 pm

i am using them for my reseller hosting for over 1 year and never had any problem with servers or support. moreover they have live chat so you can escalate all your problem there and it will be solver instantly.
dend

Good hosting

Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:08 pm

Check out
[URL deleted - Please use your signature file - Moderator]

I have been using them for a year or so and never had any problems that were not taken care of right away.
darb

DO NOT host with hostprince.com they STEAL domain names!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:29 am

I joined this forum for just one reason, to warn ppl never to use hostprince.com's hosting or domain registration services. i registered the domain "www.modifiedcarscene.com" with them, assuming it would be registered properly under MY name, but as u can see below, it was registered in his name.

RegistrantContact Details
Name Jogn Dinway
Company Hosting Media
Email Address hostmaster@main-hosting.com
Address Vlietweg 19
City Leidshchendam
State null
Zip 85260
Country NL
Tel No. +47.68545152

When my website stopped working as they had disabled the php GD image library module, for no reason and without warning, i emailed many, many times to get it fixed, but it never did, eventually i requested my domain name transferred, and put in a request with my registrar, but they would not approve the transfer. now after about 50 emails, i no longer get a response.

i was going to simply re-register it in my name when it expired, but they went and renewed it!!!

to sum up!! do not use hostprince!!!

Mark.
hostprince_steal_domains

Thanks for the heads up!!

Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:15 pm

Hey, I really appreciate being able to find this information. Thank you!
jkane

Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:24 am

maybe i am wrong, but i am just giving my two cents..

actually, the date is probably taken from whois..

and it can be changed to your name..

did you try mailing hostprince to change the registrant info?
asianlunatic

Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:16 am

and it can be changed to your name..

did you try mailing hostprince to change the registrant info?

yes, i have sent close to 50 emails, and wasted $45 requesting the domain name transfer 3 times from another registrar. he will not click the allow link in the email.

the site now has hostprince.com's links on it, not mine. he seems to think it is ok to modify the content of the site to link to his sites. my google advertising has been removed from the site, so i no longer get any benefit from my work.

he is a theif, and should be prosecuted. but it is not worth the time and money:(

if anyone has any ideas of any way i can get my domain back, please let me know.

Mark.
hostprince_steal_domains

Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:49 pm

I've advised Hostprince of this discussion and invited them to respond.

asdfgh, if you were prepared to give more details so that Hostprince could look into this, that might help. For example, what's the domain of the site?
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:20 pm

sure, i will provide any info needed. the domain name is modifiedcarscene.com - the whois info states that the domain is registered to Jogn Dinway, the administrator of Hostprince.com
hostprince_steal_domains

Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:25 pm

I received a reply from Hostprince support, saying that my message had been passed on to "head admin". It seems very odd that Hostprince has not taken the opportunity to respond to this complaint.
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

hostprince.com

Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:22 am

He still hasn't replied? [Inflammatory comments and inappropriate language deleted - Moderator]
k0unt_zer0

Hostprince is THE WORST hosting company

Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:52 pm

Actually I am not sure if there is something worse than hostprince service, fut I find it hard to believe.
-Service down several times a week.
-NO TELEPHONE NUMBER for support.
-The live chat support never woks.

Two weeks ago, the system went down on a tuesday afternoon. I started emailing support and got no answer. On saturday I still got no response and the service was still down. I had to move to another hosting company (a little more expensive but 1000 times better) and used my own backups to move all the accounts.

It was terrible, many of my customers lost emails and files. But at the end, I got something good: I stoped used hostprince!!

If you are looking for a very good reseller hosting, email me, I found a very good one.
jorcone

Hostprince.com opinion / testimonial

Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:43 pm

Hostprince.com it?s HORRIBLE !!!! They are the poorest hosting problem over the world. Shame on me i didn?t read other users opinions before, now i?m having big problems because of them....

Sites have downtimes every two days !!!!!!!!!!!!

If you?re running PHP sites, your sites will be cancelled
(without prior notice or "reasonable" reason).

I ?ve paid a long term host to them: BIG MISTAKE!!!!

If you want a refund, you won?t have it !!!!!

They are STEALERS!!!!!!

Only 1 Guy is after Hostprince.com!!!
mary26

I moved out of Hostprince !!!

Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:40 pm

I moved to another hosting company. It's a little bit more expensive, but believe me: It's worth it.
I backed up my accounts (thanks God) and as soon as I asked 2checkout to stop the recurrent payment for hostprince, they cancelled my account without sendinding one single email.
I could restore the backups I made with the other company, and I am very happy that the HOSTPRINCE NIGHTMARE is over.
If you are looking for a good reseller hosting company, emailme to [Self-promotional bit deleted. Admin.]
jorcone

Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:16 am

I am inclined to agree with this view.
Not so long ago, I sent them cash to their snail-mail address, as printed on their site , with a view to opening a reseller hosting account.
I got my letter back, with a stamp from the Dutch postal authorities, saying that the address is "unknown" to them!
( I do know how to read Dutch , since I lived there for about 5 years).
I think they are well worth avoiding,too.As for their "live chat", you will find that it is only manned during office hours.
mrhayford

Next

Return to Complaint Corner