Advice for new website

Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:24 pm

First i want to thank everyone that has offered me advice on how to market and promote my website. This forum has been really helpful because of all of your input.

How can i improve my page rank? It just seems impossible. Maybe i'm not doing the right thing. Can anyone offer any advice on how to improve your page rank?

Sari
[URL deleted - Moderator]
Sari

Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:27 pm

Get links coming in to your site.
Write quality content and become an authority site on your niche.

And pick up one or two of the ebooks about building PR. :)
edburdo

Re: Advice for new website

Thu May 05, 2005 6:11 pm

Sari wrote:First i want to thank everyone that has offered me advice on how to market and promote my website. This forum has been really helpful because of all of your input.

How can i improve my page rank? It just seems impossible. Maybe i'm not doing the right thing. Can anyone offer any advice on how to improve your page rank?

Sari
[URL deleted - Moderator]

Just get links from high ranked sites. But they musn't be reciprocal. It doesn't work anymore. if you can get 2 pr 5 links you can get a good pagerank such as "5". But be sure that the links are placed properly.
Seo Manager

Sat May 07, 2005 4:13 am

SEO Manager,

What do you mean when you say " But be sure that the links are placed properly"?
Bolt

Wed May 25, 2005 11:57 am

One thing I have read is that when you have links placed on other sites you want to make sure your address is always exactcly the same. www.google.com, google.com, www.google.com/index.html may all point to the same homepage but will go towards the rank of three different pages.

Also include your keywords in the text for the link. Making the link code once and always using that same code when getting links is best to avoid this problem

Hope this helps.
amurray

Tue May 31, 2005 9:22 am

Hi Sari,

Apart from getting links you can write interesting [Informative + enjoyable] articles and submit them to sites that let you have an active link and few lines abt. you and your business.

This is cost-effective and time-tested method of web promotion. You also get one-way links this way without trying hard.

AND RECIPROCAL LINKS still work, if they are from relevant pages.
Hope this helps.
kumkum

Return to Web Site Promotion